• This topic has 90 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by atlaz.
Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • RE: The terrible events in Paris and elsewhere
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

@gonzy – yes they have daily reports and intelligence of attack plans, they’ve said so. The fact is they have so many they cannot possibly respond to them all. The Vicenews piece on IS is outstanding, below is a dispatch from Paris

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqVS8tJFJZk[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

At Wembley Cameron said that he could see the day there was British Indian Prime Minister. That’s a very powerful statement particularly at a time when integration and immigration is such a high profile topic.

wrecker
    Free Member

You are conflating what I’m saying, but just for the avoidance of doubt. I am suggesting that it is perhaps “justifiable” or “understandable” that young middle eastern men just see “westerners” rather than a careful distinction between what the UK does, and the careless actions of the UK’s “Closet Ally” the U.S.

I understand what you are saying; that in just the same way some recists lump all muslims into the terrorist bracket, some racists lump westerners into one bracket. Now both are justifiable, or neither are. Which is it?

gonzy
    Free Member

what gets me the most is the comments like this one from Obama:

Obama described the six targeted attacks in Paris “an attack on all of humanity” and vowed to work with French authorities to bring the terrorists to book.

http://www.news24.com/Live/World/watch-this-is-an-attack-on-all-of-humanity-barack-obama-pledges-support-for-france-after-terror-attack-20151114

so hat about the suicide bombing in Beirut where 40+ died and more then 200 were injured? what about the 140+ who were killed by Al-Shabaab in Kenya in July? what about the countless number of Iraqi, Syrian and Afghan civilians who have been killed as a result of US drone attacks? what about the thousands of Syrians, Kurds and Iraqis killed by ISIS? what about the thousands of Palestinians who have died at the hands of the Israeli army?

what boils my piss is that statement of the attack on humanity only seems to apply when the victims are from a western civilization….the rest must be sub-human and dont….their killers dont merit such condemnation

human life is human life and holds equal value regardless f race, religion or politics…but those in a position of power and influence would rather place a value and say that one particular human life is worth more than another….and its shit like this that they come up with that gets used as propaganda by the extremist groups in their bid to radicalise their followers

atlaz
    Free Member

the 140+ who were killed by Al-Shabaab in Kenya in July

Or in April. If you’re going to get on your high horse about people not knowing what happens, it pays to know what you’re outraged about.

In other news…

i just cant help but think that someone somewhere in the french/british government knew what was about to happen but would allow it to happen

You’re a nutter

jambalaya
    Free Member

@gonzy of all the recent attacks for me the shooting of 150 school children in Pakistan was probably the most appalling. I commend also the responce of Amir Khan to that tragedy.

It’s a fact of life that a large scale terrorist attacks in the center of one of Europe’s capitals which alongside with London is the world’s most popular city for tourists will get more media coverage in the West than will what is a sadly just yet another daily suicide bombing in Iraq. As was said on TV by a commentator just 40 people killed in Iraq is a relatively good day.

jimjam
    Free Member

atlaz ..

i just cant help but think that someone somewhere in the french/british government knew what was about to happen but would allow it to happen

You’re a nutter [/quote]

I think it’s a bit nutty to suggest they knew and did nothing but in light of the reaction I don’t think it’s outrageous to suggest they were waiting for an excuse. Good old Dave just finds £2billion to spend on weapons……doubles the uk’s drone fleet (that’s ok though because Wrecker will make sure they only blow up terrorists, not innocent civilians)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23154XWaPKQ[/video]

gonzy
    Free Member

You’re a nutter

really?? looks to me as though some of the attackers were known to the French and Belgian authorities and were being monitored.

http://www.news24.com/World/News/someone-has-screwed-up-former-intelligence-expert-on-paris-attacks-20151117

dragon
    Free Member

The thing they don’t share with western culture is going out and getting blind drunk

Oh yeah really, plenty of muslims do drink (albeit on the sly) and India, China etc all love a drink, so it isn’t just Western cultures.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Mistakes were made = ZOMG the French knew and planned it. 😕

Put down the Kool-Aid son.

atlaz
    Free Member

really?? looks to me as though some of the attackers were known to the French and Belgian authorities and were being monitored.

Hanlon’s razor. You’re still a nutter.

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘RE: The terrible events in Paris and elsewhere’ is closed to new replies.