Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Re the career change thread
  • titusrider
    Free Member

Hi

I would ask on here but seems that anyone after sensible advice gets flamed these days.

who do i go to for impartial advice about my job options?

Well out of uni/school, the position is probably a little more advanced than ‘job centre’ stuff and dont want to go near a recruitment agent koz they will try and steal the position

Been offered an interesting position in a good location but am doing well (and not disliking my job) at my current place too.

cheers

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

GF works in careers advice. In Scotland, that’s Careers Scotland. try googling for ‘careers advice <your area>’ see what comes up. Impartial and generally with contacts in industry that you can go to be fore commiting to anything

stick_man

In your situation you may benefit from a meeting with an independent career coach. They won’t give you all the answers but will help you work through your own thoughts, aspirations, ambitions etc and make a ‘good’ decision.

Expect to pay £50 an hour but money well spent.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    buffetplease
    Free Member

Oh no, dont ask for serious advice on here….you pompous middle class self indulgent pr!ck 😉 (see what i did there?)

Mail me if you wanna chat (seriously), from friends to career advisors to forum members…they can all help you get to the right decision for you 😉

x

Junkyard
    Free Member

you can mail me or go here and get a free appointment – tell them you dont work and you will get three face to face interviews – check out how long you get each session as it varies from area to area.
    Its Free – life coach is not something I would pay for nor recomend and I have done the courses.
    free adult guidance from the government

Pieface

And don’t forget to use the website Junkyard has linked to to provide feedback on the service, there may be an email link on the contact us pages

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Re the career change thread’ is closed to new replies.