Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Re-glazing specs, any suggestions?
  • mcj78
    Free Member

Hi all,

Need to get some specs re-glazed as i stuffed them in my pocket one day when out on the bike & a rogue zip has scuffed the lenses up right proper like. Seen a few places online & wondered if anyone could recommend a decent one – local opticians quoted me about £80 but hoping to find somewhere a bit cheaper as the frames weren’t hugely expensive in the first place, however they’re the only frames i’ve had in years that I like and also don’t make me look like a total fanjo.

J

northernmatt

ciliaryblue

thehustler
    Free Member

ciliaryblue

Your powers of deduction must be amazing as TBH £80 could be very expensive or very cheap compared to cillary depending on the type and material of lens being glazed and also what style of frame it is being glazed to,a little more info might help.

mcj78
    Free Member

Hey, cheers for the link Matt – had a look & it appears there’ll be something suitable there!

Hustler – good point, i’m forgetting there’s all sorts of options that change the cost considerably – they’re fairly standard single vision lenses (-3/-2.5), full frame, don’t need any tint / polychromatic action

Cheers!
    J

GTDave
    Free Member

http://www.reglazemyglasses.com/

Really good service, had mine done for abt £30.

Jerome
    Free Member

used cilary blue and they seemed good..
    Although would not replace them when I scratched the hell out of them – which I guess is fair – they did offer me a discount though..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Re-glazing specs, any suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.