Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Re felting a (pent) shed – Quick question ….
  • letmetalktomark

The felt on our current shed is in pretty poor condition so when the wether breaks I intend to re felt it.

On each side of the roof bar the lowest end the roof is edged with a section of wood that rises higher that the roof itself by maybe 10mm.

On all sides that these sections are present debris has accumulated from a neighbours overhanging tree.

Are these sections needed – I will need to replace the wood anyway as it looks like its had it.

If they are needed – I’m guessing there are to help stop the wind getting in under the felt, do they need to extend passed the height of the felt?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No, they don’t need to extend above the height. As long as you do a good enough job of the edges, ie a neat overhang, you can just screw up a nice slim piece. This will obviously stop the tree detritus gathering, which will help.

I can only imagine whoever did it originally had aesthetics in mind.

letmetalktomark

Thank you.

I can only imagine whoever did it originally had aesthetics in mind.

The shed company that put it up!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Oh well, it’ll have been done to cover up the big wrinkle protruding at the edge then!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Re felting a (pent) shed – Quick question ….’ is closed to new replies.