Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • RCT3 – what's the point?
  • empy
    Free Member

I can’t seem to be able to find the right situation to use the middle “threshold” setting on my RCT3 Revelations. Long climb I might use lockout, but for basically all trails the fully open setting seems best. Anyone ever use threshold?

philfive
    Free Member

Use threshold for non Tarmac climbs and also works well in technical sections to prevent dive.

jonnyrockymountain

Same as above, I use mine for most off road climbs

robhughes
    Free Member

+1 for off road climbs.More efficient and not as harsh as true lockout.

mega
    Free Member

I use threshold 80% of the time and open the other 20% for gnarr downhill.
    The threshold gives a bit more pop for jumpy, uppy then downy then uppy type trails, IMO

Rorschach
    Free Member

Never use fully open (except for super steep climbs as it keep the front wheel down).Way too divey for dh.

I_Ache
    Free Member

On my monarch+ I use the middle setting most of the time open for DH and full for fire road climbs.

yoshimi

Slow technical downhill is where I use it, think big slow boulder strewn drops……if I had mine fully open going down Dollywagon last week I’d had been over the bars lots of times, prevents fork dive and works well IMO

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Use mine on Open 90% of the time, lock out for road climbs, never used the threshold.

Entonox
    Free Member

They confuse me too.
    Open is far too divey without any LSC but dialling in LSC turns the threshold into another lockout!?!?

I think they ride better open with plenty of LSC rather than using the threshold setting.

empy
    Free Member

Well, seems like I’d better give the threshold setting another go. In theory it should be great but for me doesn’t work so well – especially cornering – might need to play around with the other knobs and dials….

empy
    Free Member

Entonox – that’s exactly what I’ve been doing.

roverpig

Isn’t threshold just the same as running lots of LSC but with the “advantage” that it will open up if you have a high speed hit?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘RCT3 – what's the point?’ is closed to new replies.