Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • RC gear for a monster beetle
  • lesgrandepotato

I’ve got me a box to build… Ideally would be able to turn down the power to allow a toddler to drive.

What should I be ordering? I have a kit and an ESC

demonracer

Do you have a budget your trying to work to?

v8ninety

Something like this will do you, if you’re dead set on being able to dial down the throttle response. If you decide that’s not necessary, you can get something for about half the price. Just search ‘flysky’ on eBay. Decent (nowt special, but do the job) quality 2.4ghz radio gear from China. Plenty of resellers in the UK Means you won’t have to wait too long. Enjoy your new toy! 8)

Edit, not sure why that hasn’t worked. Try this; http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/111857606738

lesgrandepotato

No budget in mind, prefer two stick I think…

househusband

Depending on the radio kit you get you should be able to limit servo/throttle travel from the controller – seem to recall doing this so some neighbours kids could have a play on an Kyosho r/c truck I have.

aracer
    Free Member

If you’re prepared to hack it’s probably not hard to do with any radio kit (you could do a similar mod with my hobby level DX6i, though that’s computerised so no need). On my son’s car I’ve soldered in a switched resistor in series with the throttle pot (switch in battery compartment) which simply decreases the signal going to the transmitter electronics.

v8ninety

Two stick transmitters have really reduced in popularity over last few years. They are out there, but there’s less of them, which means less choice and more money. I used to use sticks but have converted to pistol grip now. It makes sense if you are ever going to get into flying stuff, where its benificial not to have to unlearn muscle memory responses from stick controlled surface vehicle… (Trust me, it’s a bugger). I’ll have a little look on t’bay for you.

v8ninety

This is about the only non silly money stick transmitter that I can find on the bay. It won’t have the ability to adjust end points on the throttle channel though, unless you’re happy doing the aforementioned ‘hack’. On the plus side it IS as cheap as chips.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/272082250709

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘RC gear for a monster beetle’ is closed to new replies.