Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • RBS Home Insurance changes – advice on alternatives please!
  • ferrit
    Free Member

This may be useful to those who are renewing a policy soon – beware…

OK, so RBS had a nice part to the policy where any item up to £2000 was treated as an individual item in a claim, hence bikes up to this value in the house were covered.

According to the renewal I just got through with some policy ‘updates’, my premium has doubled for no reason (er thanks for that) and now bikes have a £500 claim limit. Ok…

Sod that. Alternative policies/companies for bikes in a flat please?!

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

Try Swinton. My home policy with them has similar cover to your original RBS policy.

Speshpaul

AA came good for us this year

ferrit
    Free Member

Cheers guys – will check them out.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Second AA insurance, from memory (without checking paperwork) bikes come under normal items and aren’t specified and can include them in contents away from the home.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I just renewed my house and contents insurance yesterday. My two bikes are covered at home and away (up to £1500 worth each), £50,000 contents cover etc etc and its was £145 for the year. That was with Quote Me Happy.com underwritten by Aviva. I did it all via Confused.com

thomthumb
    Free Member

AA came good for us this year

isn’t there an outbuildings limit of £3k

njee20
    Free Member

Yes, but if you add bikes above their limit they’re additional to that.

Direct Line Select always seem to come out favourably.

ferrit
    Free Member

Rockhopper – that sounds like a winner – will have a peek at that and AA too.

Cheers folks!

hammyuk
    Free Member

AA here too – call them and they will explain it in clear english for you 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘RBS Home Insurance changes – advice on alternatives please!’ is closed to new replies.