Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • RBS FAIL!!!!!!!!
  • onehundredthidiot

So i had a wee problem with RBS a few weeks ago. Solved? no!!!!

They know there is an issue but have no means of knowing when it occurs or stopping it from happening. Ooooops sorry it was someone else’s fault because the situation was not explained to the counter staff properly. No it’s your fault as a corporation because you do not have flags on your software to indicate when a known fault situation occurs so it can be manually checked.

I’m sorry you moved my account without my permission, why would you think this was OK? And stop saying “sorry” and “it’s unacceptable” and then telling me it’s not the banks fault and sticking all sorts of erms and well’s around the apology.

The real kicker is i’ve been with them 30 odd years and even a strongly worded letter and a movement of my accounts (all in the black) will be effectively ignored.

I only want them to acknowledge in plain language that they cocked up and it won’t happen again and not try to squirm out of their responsibilities.

Oh, and which bank should i move to now?

wwaswas

Smile have been better than most for me but they’re all ‘corporations’ and no one will ever admit to a mistake or apologise – it’s just part of how they are, it won’t change elsewhere.

spooky_b329

Recently changed to First Direct…first time I’ve had a bank that answers the phone on the first ring and don’t seem to have a stop watch for each call! We have had accounts with Barclays, Lloyds and Alliance & Leicester aka Santander and First Direct are coming across as much better so far…

uwe-r
    Free Member

Smile – part of Co-op.

vinnyeh

What’s the problem- presumably it’s something caused by software and not a process?

As you can probably imagine, there’s no such thing as bug free enterprise level software, else there’d be little need for support staff and help desks. What you might not be aware of is that a lot of problems simply aren’t worth fixing- it’s a lot cheaper for the bank to lose you, and maybe one or two others as customers, and suffer the resultant badmouthing (especially with the reluctance of UK customers to switch banks) than it is to analyse, fix and test the problem.

I know it doesn’t help you, but that’s the unfortunate reality.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

This is when they moved your accounts as they were linked to your other halfs?

So did they move them back? If yes, then whats the point of this. Halifax did the opposite to this to me, that I changed address, went in with my savings account as ID, and they only moved the saving account, which meant I then got a lot of letters weeks later about huge charges I could have stopped. They offered an apology, compensation for failing to honour a cheque which would otherwise have been covered, and at that point, having spent best part of couple of hours sorting it out, felt the matter ultimately resolved.

It shouldnt have happened, they apologised, end of. I didn’t demand “specific” apologies, or forensic investigations. Nor did I epxect them to wear sackcloth and ashes for me.

If you had an issue, and they sorted it out, then whats the problem?

thegreatape
    Free Member

smile/Coop aren’t a corporation, they are owned by the members.

Last month I got about 90 quid of vouchers from them, which can be swapped for cash, just through having my bank account with smile and using the village shop. My wife got the same, but that gets paid straight into my bank account oddly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘RBS FAIL!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.