Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • RBS B*st*rds
  • TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Make an appt. to see about a loan. 45 mins of my life wasted. Offered 11.9%. I can get 11.4% from you online you idiots! I'm also supposed to get a 'discounted rate' as I have 'Royalties' account. Royally shafted more like. No sign of the discount. Just waffle b*ll*cks.

Also told that they'll guarantee to beat my car insurance quote, including buying me out of the remainder of my current policy, so bring in my details. Seems like a can't-lose situation.

The fella in the bank says "Oh I cant do that here, you'll have to phone the call centre." I phone when I get in, and funnily enough they don't know what he is talking about. They say they've NEVER had an offer like that.

So my local branch has managed to waste more of my time. Thanks RBS. I'm moving to Nationwide.

bruneep

Have you tried Zopa for a loan?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Cheers. Just applied. 8.8%, seems fair.

zaskar
    Free Member

Abbey or Natwest?

Might be worth waiting until the market is more confident for a lower rate and larger loan.

BoardinBob

Agreed. Totally useless. Before I got married I was with Cahoot. Great bank. For some unknown reason they wouldn't give me a joint account but my wife had been with RBS for years and they would so we moved to them. Their online banking service is terrible and balances seem to fluctuate randomly as well as taking about 3 months to return £1,500 that was stolen through card fraud.

oh aye, another thought. We have a 30 day notice savings account. We asked them to change it to instant access. Instead they opened two ISA accounts in my wife's name 😆

forge197
    Free Member

First Direct if you are after any kind of service. Though some (not all) of there savings rates are poor but for day to day banking needs they are excellent.

Drac

including buying me out of the remainder of my current policy,

Well that's where I would of said "Why, I can cancel it at any time with no obligation?"

happysnapper
    Free Member

Drac – Member

including buying me out of the remainder of my current policy,

Well that's where I would of said "Why, I can cancel it at any time with no obligation?"

Some policies do have cancellation charges, but not that many. As you say, it's a pretty safe bet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘RBS B*st*rds’ is closed to new replies.