Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • RBS
  • bruneep

<12p a share, worth a long term punt?

Might waste £100

B

epo-aholic
    Free Member

you may as well set fire to it mate!

djglover
    Free Member

Give me a hundred pounds instead, theres much more chance of you getting it back.

They will be nationalised just like the rock and shareholders will be last in the queue behind darling, savers, borrowers and employees

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    paulosoxo
    Free Member

Didn’t the very same happen on here with Northern Rock?

‘they were £12 not so long ago, surely they’ll go back up’

Stu_N

Sad day for RBS today, but while the shares are still trading on the stock market they can still go down.

Remember that kid that put his life savings into B&B shares thinking they couldn’t go any lower?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

i put in at 70p for £100

if you can afford not to see it again, it’s your money.

I a something shiny has a £100 price tag send i that way instead

ziggy
    Free Member

Well you’re not alone, I’m seriously thinking of putting £500 that way.
    Yes it is a gamble, but if it pays off it could produce a fairly serious amount of cash.

snowslave

I’d leave the gambling to the govt at the moment!

mboy
    Free Member

Don’t put any money into shares yet.

Keep a very watchful eye on the prices by all means, but there’s going to be plenty more falling to come yet (and falling by the wayside/nationalisation depending on how big the institute is).

Some people are going to make a killing, and it’s not the ones that have a spare £100 or so right now, and fancy taking a punt, that are going to be the ones. It’s the ones that sit tight, and have many tens, or hundreds, of thousands of £’s to spare to invest at the right time.

When the construction industry kick starts again, and the housing market starts increasing in value instead of decreasing, shares in companies will rocket overnight. Then is the time to have some spare cash hanging around!

jimmy

At 10p a share there’s not much to lose provided they don’t go actually go under. If I had £100 spare I’d be punting. If I manage to get my house sold, I might be looking to gain back the equity lost using the equity still there. But thats maybe a risk beyond my means…

MrSmith
    Free Member

I’d leave the gambling to the govt at the moment!

it’s our money (taxpayers) they are gambling with.

snowslave

i know…

forge197
    Free Member

I considerd RBS or LLoyds this morning but decided against it, it’s tempting to lay a couple of quid on them and see what happens.

But I would say and it’s said here already don’t invest what you cannot afford to lose!!

jimmy

Noticed the press outside the HBOS HQ today in Edinburgh – actually they were outside the courts waiting for a crim, but they had their cameras trained on the HBOS building. Looked up where they were snapping to see a Lloyds Group flag in place of the HBOS one.

Err, don’t know where this was going so insert your own dramatic conclusion.

toby1

As a corporate customer of theirs (Streamline) personally I’d rather invest my money in the drains, literally just stick it through the grate …. they are idiots.

twosheds
    Free Member

We’d all be better off asking Sir Fred for our money back. Thats the millions he got in his pay off and the 50 billion of tax payers dumped into rbs. The time is ready for some good old collective action. The sooner we all co-ordinate a mass refusal to pay the worthless loans we have on our overprice houses the better we’d all be in the long run. I recon within amonth it’d be all over.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘RBS’ is closed to new replies.