Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ray Mears in Canada
  • noteeth
    Free Member

The overgrown cub scout is top form – really enjoyed the canoe episode. By coincidence, I'm reading Henry Thoreau's The Maine Woods, during which there is much boat portage… I'm never gonna moan about carrying my bike, ever again!

thomthumb
    Free Member

watchin it with my nan and grandad – thought it was ace. generally find ray a bit hit and miss but this was on top form.

makes me want a canoe though.

Stoner
    Free Member

if you keep reading that thoreau stuff, you're going to go native feral on us, comrade.

Im enjoying following him on iPlayer too.

mt
    Free Member

Both programmes have been pretty good. I just love it when he does his "lets make a shelter". It must be good living of the land as he always looks a bit podgy.

chakaping
    Free Member

I read on popbitch that he always takes a big carrier bag of mars bars with him and scoffs them between takes.

ddmonkey

I was watching the first episode with Mrs Monkey while eating dinner, and she commented on the fact that he wasn't wearing his trademark shorts. Instanly the image from shooting starts of Bob Mortimer impersonating Ray and one of his chaps popping out of his shorts as he crouched down appeared in my head. I nearly choked while laughing and trying not to spit my food all over the lounge… 😆

Ray Mears – Legend.

bruk

Done portaging canoes when was in BC many years ago doing the Bowron lake circuit. Hard work carrying all your stuff and the boat.

We were too cheap to rent the wheels you can strap on the bottom of your canoe and turn it into a great big wheelbarrow!

Agree Mears is v relaxing to watch and love it when he does hisory etc as well as how to survive on bear poo and pine needeles.

greyman
    Free Member

me and my two mates are building 3 canoes 🙂

just about to start the cutting out ….

http://www.epoxy-resins.co.uk/plans/freeplans.html

noteeth
    Free Member

you're going to go native feral on us, comrade.

I'm from Mendip – I was born feral. 8)

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Ray Mears is superb. A real passion for everything he does.

Haha chakaping, thats really funny! Can just see him now chowing down on a king size mars.

anagallis_arvensis

I love ray mears but have found this latest series a bit dull to be honest, I prefer it when he's talking about plants,building shelters and lighting fires.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Who would live to tell the tale in a real survival situation between Bear Gryllis and Ray Mears do you think?

My money is on Ray

duntmatter
    Free Member

Neither. Bear would ostentatiously rip Ray's windpipe out with his teeth. He himself would then shrivel up and die from a lack of attention.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ray Mears in Canada’ is closed to new replies.