Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Raw image adjusting in PS Elements
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I used the RAW plugin for the first time the other day, and I've got a fair few severely under-exposed shots that I want to fix. There's an 'exposure' slider in the raw editor dialog that comes up when you open a raw, and if I slide it all the way I can see the image but it seems very saturated.

Is it possible or easy to recover a normal looking image from something that's drastically underexposed? Or have I lost image information for good?

Milkie
    Free Member

Can we see the photo? Before & after? RAW's generally allow a little bit of playing with, before you hit the end of the information.

Have you tried playing with exp, contrast, brightness, fill light, blacks, etc?

elliptic
    Free Member

No "saturation" adjustment in RAW?

Do the best you can for exposure/levels, then go into normal PS to reduce saturation. There's nothing wrong with a "two stage" workflow, major adjustments in RAW followed by fine tweaks in PS.

Or have I lost image information for good?

Probably yes, you won't get a perfect result but don't give up yet.

molgrips
    Free Member

There is a saturation adjustment, but it still looks odd. I would have assumed that the exposure compensation slider did its best with saturation adjustment too.. but I suppose there's no substitute for the human eye.

I can do a series of pics I suppose later.. not at work tho :0

GrahamS

Nikon RAW?

If so then my advice is try CaptureNX and never look back.

molgrips
    Free Member

Olympus.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Raw image adjusting in PS Elements’ is closed to new replies.