Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Raw finish, protection?
  • robhenry85
    Free Member

any need for protection on a raw frame?

heli tape or not bother?

mbarnes
    Free Member

Is it actually raw or is it lacquered? On a fully raw frame wouldn’t it need constant polishing? I would still heli tape at least as braided wires etc will still rub the metal

tk46hal
    Free Member

You still need to use heli etc because the cables will still grind slots into the frame! I also wrap soft felt around the brake and gear hoses to give it added protection, but I’ll over sad!

kayak23

If you really want to immerse yourself in the ‘Raw’ lifestyle, then don’t bother with any of that namby pamby Heli-tape.
    The whole beauty of raw is you don’t have to worry about it. Just let it simply be…. 🙂

I rawed my Reign a year or more ago and aside from a rubdown with a scourer before I built it up, I didn’t touch it after that and it always looked great.

Embrace the raw!

elliott-20
    Free Member

The whole beauty of raw is you don’t have to worry about it. Just let it simply be….

^ This

I worried more about my painted frame than I do my raw frame. One less thing to worry about. Heli tape will kill its look IMHO.

kayak23

I just swapped out my Reign for a Mega in Ano-black. Its only been a few days and already I’m stressing about scratching it. Raw rules…

robhenry85
    Free Member

well i think it’ll be lacquered (not got it yet), but not sure (i thought it was white in the pics 😳 )

i was just thinking about just getting a few patches for cable rub

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

well i think it’ll be lacquered

Pointless. What was the point in buying a raw frame then? You may aswell just get it painted.

mbarnes
    Free Member

No, raw so you can see welds etc, lacquered so it stays shiny.

Sounds good to me.

kayak23

No, raw so you can see welds etc, lacquered so it stays shiny.

Sounds good to me.

[pedant]That’s not raw though is it….[/pedant]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Raw finish, protection?’ is closed to new replies.