Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Raw chicken
  • PlopNofear
    Free Member

So, I put a spoon in a fresh jar of pesto. Put the spoon into the raw chicken breast. Then put the spoon back into the jar. Is the jar now contaminated with raw chicken? Could I get salmonela?

nickf
    Free Member

Yes and yes

TheFlyingOx

I’m unsure about how overblown Salmonella is. Me & the missus ate raw chicken without realising it when we were in Japan. I think the closest I got to dying was as a result of Mrs Ox letting slip a particularly eggy fart the morning after.

GrahamS

I had Salmonella as a school kid (from a dodgy cream bun).

Didn’t die, but I can’t say I’d recommend it.

I’d chuck the pesto.

donsimon
    Free Member

I had Salmonella as a school kid (from a dodgy cream bun).

Regularly had it at school too, big dollop of raspberry jam to boot. Lovely.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Just had a cheese and (raw chicken)pesto sandwich. I’ll post later details about my health conditions. 😀

RealMan
    Free Member

Can I have your bike?

wwaswas

Plopnofear – I think you’ll be doing more than the odd plop later if you have contaminated the pesto.

You can make yourself (and others) really I’ll doing that sort of thing

brakes
    Free Member

Me & the missus ate raw chicken without realising it when we were in Japan

Japan has quite a large and increasing problem with salmonella from eating raw chicken and pork

snakebite
    Free Member

my mrs likes raw pork…

corroded
    Free Member

Not something I’d experiment with, and I’m pretty open-minded about food.

ransos
    Free Member

You could use the pesto up in anything that will be thoroughly heated through.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

If you eat any of that pesto without cooking it you must be seriously mad . Buy a new jar of pesto and throw the old one away . Salmonella food poisoning is a very serious illness that can , and does kill old and infirm people regularly . It is a lot worse than a dicky tummy . it’s projectile vomiting and the equivalent out of the other end plus severe stomach cramps .

_tom_
    Free Member

my mrs likes raw pork…

😆

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I ate a raw chicken curry once whilst falling around the house very drunk. I can’t decide whether it was the chicken or the 10+ pints of Stella that made me puke everywhere. 😳

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Might have to do a tactical chunder 😳

cranberry
    Free Member

I’ve had raw chicken twice.

The first time I was decidedly unwell, to the point that I only realised I had shit myself was when my trousers got all warm and comfy.

The second time I bought chicken from M&S, with the “Ready to…” sticker covered, it was not until I’d eaten half of a raw chicken breast sandwich that I pulled back the label and found the utterly useful “Ready to cook” sticker. Basts!. I went and made a little nest in the bathroom, thinking that I was going to spend the next couple of days in there. The torrents never came.

Ewan
    Free Member

I had a nasty bout of Salmonella from a undercooked airplane meal. Started off with me feeling ill before going to bed…. Woke up surrounded by gallons of green sh1t. Que three days of fever / semi awareness and sleeping on a sheet next to the toilet – I even had a point where I was literally spraying from both ends. Pretty much the worst three days of my life. So, Er, don’t risk it!

Mantastic
    Free Member

Are you still with us or are you busy pissing out your arse

samuri
    Free Member

My mum served us raw chicken once. I dunno, mental issues or something but the ovenonly got warm.

I ate half a breast at least before I realised it was a bit chewy. I was fine.

takisawa2

Lambeter Jejuni I think its called, that lives on raw chicken. Not one to be fecked with apparently. There’s a worm that lives in raw cod also, can be very dangerous. I do however like natural yoghurt that’s a few days over date, it tastes better.

Lifer
    Free Member

I only realised I had shit myself was when my trousers got all warm and comfy.

That’s not as bad as discovering it in bed, when you roll onto your back to find pants are all cold and emotional.

user-removed
    Free Member

Not chicken, but I did once get food poisoning from a week old pie from Farmfoods. I got it home (along with a large bag of other frozen food) only to remember that I didn’t own a freezer 😳

I eat most of the food over the next couple of days and wrapped the offending pie in newspaper and left it at the back of the fridge. A week later, I remembered it and stuffed it down after a quick warm in our ageing oven, just before getting on a train to Edinburgh.

The shaking started shortly before Montrose, and by the time the train left Dundee, all the other passengers had left the adjacent seats – I think they thought I was a junkie undergoing withdrawal – the shakes had been augmented by a very bad case of cold sweating and my teeth were chattering loudly.

The minute I got to my destination, I took to bed and stayed there for three whole days, filling several buckets and drifting from horrendous hallucination to fevered, nightmarish dream. Bin the pesto.

brakes
    Free Member

wrapped the offending pie in a newspaper

😯

who taught you that was a good idea?

Guybrush
    Free Member

Worse illness I’ve ever had. Spent three days thinking that I was Harry Potter and I was going to fail my broomstick flying test as I’d forgotten how to fly. I couldnt keep water down without projectiling it up, and my ass was so sore I just crawled into the shower and crapped in there with the water running. On the third day when I was pretty much just passing pure, clear liquid, I pooped out a completely undigested baked bean.

spacemonkey

Had a similar experience to user-removed about 15yrs ago. Ate a dodgy chicken curry one Friday evening, went to a mate’s house, left about midnight to stay at another mate’s house, crashed out, remember waking up about 3am with the shakes/sweats etc, proceeded to give the toilet some serious pebble-dashing, then drove home (bad move considering the state I was in but ‘I needed to be in my own bed’ if you know what I mean). Ended up with 3 days off work with seriously overactive projectile activities.

Bin the pesto. End of.

user-removed
    Free Member

My mum! And it does work overnight…. A week may have been pushing it. Mind you, she also told me that cheese hums in the fridge at night and also took pleasure in filling my innocent head with all kinds of other humbug. I’m probably yet to be disabused of other ‘true’ facts.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Salmonella was to suspected for me eventually getting Pericarditis http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pericarditis

Yeah that was fun.

duckman

brakes – Member
    wrapped the offending pie in a newspaper

A guid Scottish upbringing Ya Bass!

PlopNofear
    Free Member

I’m still alive! Went out clubbing last night, so all that alcohol might have helped 😆

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Raw chicken’ is closed to new replies.