Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Raving like it's 1997
  • Crag
    Free Member

True Ian, but you’re never gonna get the big guns playing Wakefield no matter how much it pricks the nostalgia.

grum
    Free Member

Saw Sven Vath at the Orbit a good while ago. Cool club but techno was never my bag really.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

John Kelly and Derrick May. Reminds me of the time me and few friends took acid. Synced up our Walkmans all playing the same JK & DM tape and went on a bit of a mad one for the night. Happy days!

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Ended up on a mission to a 24hr petrol station (glowing like a space ship) and Ray Reardon was in there paying for petrol. He was so cool, especially considering the 4 acid casulaties who were totally freaked out at meeting a snooker legend in the middle nowhere.

lowey

Needs more piano.

bren2709

Late 80’s early 90’s was the best years!
    Legends Warrington with Woody on the decks!
    That’s when e’s were e’s!

None of his Techno crap!

singlespeedstu

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

Raving was only any good in the early 90’s – the drugs became crap in the late 90’s.

Best times of my life

Shelleys
    Kinetic
    Eclipse
    Donny Warehouse

I got taken to the eclipse and given my first pill by a guy that now designs clothes for a quite well known MTB company. 😆
    I can still remember walking into the main room and being blown away at just how mental it all seemed.

Also met Mrsssstu on a night out in Shelleys.

bren2709

Shelleys was that in Stoke?

yunki
    Free Member

me and a couple of mates were living in a caravan in ’93.. travelling with and working for an Irish gypsy family.. I took two tabs of strong acid and a massive hit of MDMA powder minutes before climbing into the back of their van on the night that we left town to go and live with them..

We listened to a John Kelly tape on a constant loop that week.. It featured Annie Lennox’s ‘Little Bird’ and an awesome instrumental mix of the Stone Roses ‘Fools Gold’ with a spoken vocal looped over the top of a guy whispering ‘Ice, Coke, Crack, Speed, Smack’

any ideas on this tape or if that fools gold track was ever available..?

singlespeedstu

Shelleys was that in Stoke?

Yep.

Longton, Stoke.

yunki
    Free Member

After last night it got me thinking again and have managed to dig up these gems:

John Kelly & Derrick May Obsession 93)
    Snipet of he John Kelly Set one of the best sets ever!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktJieFHXkQ0
    Most of the Derrick May set
    http://www.mixcloud.com/minesh-surti/derrick-may-john-kelly-obsession-3rd-dimension-311092/

LTJ Bukem – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6L1rpt8Xnc&feature=fvwrel

Surely the DiY Jack set from that party deserves an honourable mention..?
    I was at that rave – a very messy business 8)

yunki
    Free Member

and now for a bang up to date bit of proper oldschool nolstagia.. recorded live last night.. shared for you by the legendary Slipmatt on soundcloud earlier this evening

sl2 live at Manchester Warehouse Project 10 years of Metropolis 3-11-2012

Mugboo

Never made it to the warehouse last night, we got stuck on the dance floor in Smokestacks, Latin, reggae, soul, funk, etc. I nowfeel like death and my legs ache like I’ve run a marathon… I am officially too old.

How the hell did we do it every weekend?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

easygroove, djs sy & unknown, bukem, grooverider

93-97 for me, although the music was getting all too fragmented in 95 onward. Got back into drum and bass around 99/00 for a few years. Far too old for it now!

singlespeedstu

After looking at this thread I had a bit of a hunt round on youtube looking at old footage.
    I found a couple of videos from the first Pandemonium at Telford ice rink.

OMG OMG what a bunch of gurning idiots.
    Worst of all i spotted myself a couple of times. 😳

It does look like the drugs were indeed betterer in them days.

I’ll not be posting a link up to them that’s for sure.

richteabiscuit
    Free Member

Loving this thread, I’m another casualty from the 89-94 northern clubs. Basics, Orbit, Hac, Hard Times, Bowlers, Maximes… So many good memories and after the best part of 15years out of it all I’ve just started dipping my toe back into a couple of these old skool reunions. We’re all a bit older, creakier and should know better but I’ve had some special nights with many old long lost friends. Roll on the 24th.. Tissera and Steve Luigi back together in Leeds 😀

Crag
    Free Member

Steve Luigi was an old man back in the early 90’s – he must be close to drawing a pension these days! 😉

juanking

Guys, got a suggestion. Daily add a track which takes us back to the old hazy days. Listening to this track today has put a smile on my Monday face, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0YqpNyesEg

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Raving like it's 1997’ is closed to new replies.