Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Raven Trail, Brechfa or beacons?
  • deanfbm
    Free Member

Sorting out a weekend in wales, sunday/monday are sorted, afan/BPW, looking to fill the saturday.

Breacon beacons – nice out in the sticks XC with some technical jollies?

Raven Trail – any good? After some tech and/or some well made berms and jumps. Will be disappointed if it’s just blown out corers that should be berms, jumps that dont really work and pointless kill you momentum square edged slabs.

Are either what im after?

timber

Bracken is pretty big in places around me (Llangorse Lake), but keep to the tops and forests and it’s not too overgrown. Some good fast rolling stuff and some steep rocky bits to be found.

hh45
    Free Member

Isn’t it a bit of a slog to get from BPW / Afan to Raven Trail? Brecons v handy but i would veer right after Crickhowell and do the Black Mountains loop. Fantastic big hills with real weather type of loop.

volatilemike
    Free Member

If you do Brechfa, don’t make the mistake of missing out on the final descent of the Blue (derwen) trail. Seriously fast fun.

ahwiles
    Free Member

or even the green, it’s bloody brilliant!

9k, lots of fast and swoopy singletrack.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Afan / BPW are you trail centre tick-boxes so it has to be a natural loop in the Beacons. Why drive to Brechfa for yet more trail centre tracks ? Nothing against Brechfa and I would take Brechfa over Afan but not both.

snownrock

Raven has a couple of big diversions at the minute due to felling. They miss out the best sections too. Gorlech is still open though and that sounds more like what you are after.

joefm

Brechfa for me. Beautiful area and as natural as youre going to get for a trail centre

saxabar
    Free Member

Rode Gorlech recently. First climb was a bit meh and wtf, but from there it gets better and better to seriously fast and fun DH sections. Even the climbs on the latter half are fast because of undulating design.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Raven Trail, Brechfa or beacons?’ is closed to new replies.