Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rattly rear end – what's good in the world of shock bushings these days?
  • jam-bo

Normal DU bushes and and alloy top hats or are these low frictions kits worth the extra?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zero-cool
    Free Member

Burgtec do Ti bushes which are good and offsetshockbushes.com do brass ones (both do offset and standard) which are also good but much cheaper.

Tom KP

carlphillips
    Free Member

I use the heavy duty mount kits and nylon du bushes… I do seem to get slightly better life than the top hat and metal ones I used to use..

Northwind

Don’t go with alu tophats, it’s a horrible way to do the job.

I can’t see any reason not to go with either a TF low friction kit or a j-tech igus kit. I’ve used both, can’t tell any difference in use or in lifespan but the J-tech approach is cheaper to buy and cheaper to replace bushings in.

vincienup
    Free Member

TF heavy duty is my default.

steveh

Offset bushes in brass are surely the wrong material? Brass is soft which is the last thing you want a shaft like that to be?

Northwind

Depends on your brass tbh but it can be as hard as iron. Put it another way, it’s harder and more corrosion resistant than aluminium, which is often used for this job. I had a brass set for a little while (sold bike), they were fine, can’t comment on longterm.

There’s other places that do ti, I can’t remember who did mine but they were way cheaper than Burgtec.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rattly rear end – what's good in the world of shock bushings these days?’ is closed to new replies.