Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • rattling D lock
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

my D lock (kryptolok) rattles in its bracket all the time. This annoys me. There are rubber rings on each end of the u shaped bit which are presumably there to help but to no avail.

Any ideas?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Never got a lock in a bracket to work properly. Wobbles rattles and is a load of faff usually. It either goes over the bar or in my rucksac nowadays. Looped over the bar is nice and handy for chastising errant cars and vans 😈

granny_ring

One of those d lock belt clippy things that I've seen in one of the mags?
    Cant remember which one though so not much use then…. 🙄

Tracker1972
    Free Member

elastic or velcro strap to top tube to keep it still?

cynic-al
    Free Member

aye I spose I could hook it through a belt loop. May try some tape or even sugru on it

TJ I found your tools recently!

cynic-al
    Free Member

tracker the issue is that the lock is 2 parts only one of which is secured to. The bike. That might work I guess but I am looking to remove faff.

STATO
    Free Member

mine does that too, try moving the bracket clip (the one on the lock) a little bit nearer the end, Itll make it a bit tighter to lock/unlock but wont rattle and negates the need for extra bungees etc.

cynic-al
    Free Member

nice tip, will try that.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Wow what a difference, only a little rattling from the other side now, I'll try and find a way of sorting that in teh same manner.

double_k
    Free Member

hello=) i'm new here, found this topic when searching lock belts. you mentioned those "d lock belt clippy things". i'm bikemessenger and i LOVE those. when i wanted one myself, i didn't find a place to get them, so i simply made one myself. they don't rattle and you surprisingly don't feel the lock. i recommend removing those plastic or alloy bracket parts of your locks and filling that gap with a piece of tube and tape. see what i mean.
    i don't know which countries you all are coming from, but one of these sources should probably send them anwhere on earth: befixed, fabric horse, pirate. i think those three shops would send them anywhere. =)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘rattling D lock’ is closed to new replies.