Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Rats. I have them. How do I kill them?
  • spudnick
    Free Member

we had rats in our loft a month or so ago. you could hear them all night scurrying around and getting between the walls. in the end our friendly pest controller (and a mate) got rid of them all within 2 weeks. bit of a ball ache getting rid of all the insulation afterwards though and to clean up all the crap they’d left

burnie
    Free Member

I use an air rifle but mine are in the garden so it is a different problem. It is fun but not easy as they are very quick.

Ewan
    Free Member

There’s also the uppity eco mentalists who want them to be killed in the namby pamby humane way too.

Can’t say i’m bothered! The more lethal the trap the better I say.

muckytee
    Free Member

Get a snake:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvpgqVP7ykY[/video]

GrahamS

I used a poison, slow acting so the idea is they take traces of it back to the nest and also kill the queen;

Surely your thinking of ants?? Or possibly Aliens?

I don’t think rats have a queen.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Depends on the species, mole rats do. I’m not sure about aliens having queens, but I guess if you believe in them then anything is possible.

porter_jamie

Jack Russell terrier. the AK47 of pest control

Ewan
    Free Member

I used a poison, slow acting so the idea is they take traces of it back to the nest and also kill the queen;

My loft earlier.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

I reckon flame units for those

Ewan
    Free Member

I’m worried it’ll damage the lath and plaster ceilings. Have you tried pulse rifles with successful results in an older building?

losmanos
    Free Member

Jack Russell’s Weill get the bastards. The rats come in from outside but don’t tend to live indoors. My Russell’s killed several and got the last after I’d concreted the hole the rats were coming in through trapping him inside, they nearly tore him in two when they got him. Bait the traps with chocolate if you’re using them.

ratcatcher

If they are rats in the loft check for access points at ground level or climbing plants if you can’t find any holes then you have to suspect a fault on the drains allowing furry friends into the cavity wall and loft space. Chocolate biccies are all good way to check if rodents are current.

CountZero

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Rats. I have them. How do I kill them?’ is closed to new replies.