Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Rate Southern Enduro for me
  • mark90
    Free Member

On Sunday you will be set off in categories in seeded order.
    There will be start times for each stage.

So will have to ride with people who are (a) in the same age/sex category and (b) have a similar seeding time?

jam-bo

thats a good point, seeded overall? or seeded categories?

scottfitz
    Free Member

So will have to ride with people who are (a) in the same age/sex category and (b) have a similar seeding time?

Yes you will be given a start time for seeding base on your category. I.E male seniors will all seed from 16:00 to 16:10 in number board/start time order.

thats a good point, seeded overall? or seeded categories?

categories

scottfitz
    Free Member

DrP – Member

Entered the Champs (HT) this weekend… make it sunny please..

DrP
    I really would love to race the champs on a HT, so epic!

DrP

🙂

I’m putting the ‘big’ HT away for the winter now.. Got some new rims (Flow Mk3) to go on, and might tinker a bit, but otherwise, YES, it’ll be epic on a HT..
    I’m sure I’d be much faster on a FS, but that’s not the point!!

DrP

mark90
    Free Member

So to ride with someone of a different age/sex (but similar speed) we’d need to enter the fun category? To be honest would only be entering for fun anyway, certainly won’t be bothering the sharp end of the results.

scottfitz
    Free Member

mark90 – Member

So to ride with someone of a different age/sex (but similar speed) we’d need to enter the fun category? To be honest would only be entering for fun anyway, certainly won’t be bothering the sharp end of the results.
    If you want to ride with friends all weekend you need to enter the Champs Lite.

In the Champs you can practice on Saturday with your friend but for the race you will be in you age/sex cat.

mark90
    Free Member

Thanks Scott. Tempted by the Champs lite, though would rather do all the stages if coming for a weekend. Especially the steep and tech ones, I’m guessing the more hardcore stages won’t feature in the lite. Appreciate you put on races for racers, but for me being well down the rankings the social aspect is a big part since I’m only really racing my mates. Unfortunately I’m a fair bit older but no slower than my riding buddies, which is why the WGES mashup format appeals.

scottfitz
    Free Member

mark90 – Member

Thanks Scott. Tempted by the Champs lite, though would rather do all the stages if coming for a weekend. Especially the steep and tech ones, I’m guessing the more hardcore stages won’t feature in the lite. Appreciate you put on races for racers, but for me being well down the rankings the social aspect is a big part since I’m only really racing my mates. Unfortunately I’m a fair bit older but no slower than my riding buddies, which is why the WGES mashup format appeals.
    Just a for a slightly different point of view I have meet some really cool people* traveling around racing in my age cat, especially at the early UKGEs. Now when we go racing we all me up and practice together even though some are now in vets.

*Kimbers remove the word cool for you mate 8)

kimbers

its true, scott was a billy no-mates and we let him join our enduro gang 😆

scottfitz
    Free Member

How did you see that so quick do you have a RSS set up on your forum name kimbers?

Me and a mate are in the Champs fun category. Will there time penalties for missing your start time.
    Looking forward to it, its a great venue

scottfitz
    Free Member

Will there time penalties for missing your start time.

No time penalties are planned. However the stages will close at a set point.

mark90
    Free Member

Just a for a slightly different point of view …..

Aye that is a very good point 🙂

Thanks

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

I’m entered into the champs, I’m looking forward to it as after riding the Ex Enduro, the trails round there are great!

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Rate Southern Enduro for me’ is closed to new replies.