• This topic has 37 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hora.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Rate my new bike
  • hora
    Free Member

I’m bored, its Friday and I have a new frame. Well its not new I think I’ve had it a few months already now and I can say I love it. Till when then? Who knows.

My worry is if it cracks I’m **** 🙁

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30625376@N06/9833340913/lightbox/

wwaswas

hoses are a bit short?

I like the colour 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

The boxes go in the filing cabinet not under it.

nick1962
    Free Member

Don’t you usually post a thread like this every Friday? 😉

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I can’t see it in my phone or iPad.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

ArchEX ….. Nah, deserves FlowEX

RustyMac

For the love of all things holy try and figure out what it is you like about it so much, it’ll make your life easier down the line when you inevitably change it.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Needs different fork maybe 😉

wwaswas

I can’t see it in my phone or iPad.

do you have the messy office, mismatching wheels and extra long brake hose blocker enabled?

mrchrispy

the question I want answering is….will you be taking a new picture or using that one when you sell it in a month?

hora
    Free Member

I want Fox 36 floats or vans- no dough for it yet though. Can’t describe why I love it. Its just right.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Too small.

hora
    Free Member

Its an 18″. I’ve never heard no man, woman or chicken refer to 18″‘s as too small 😆

mrblobby
    Free Member

18″? Too large.

Edit… I think it was the hoses that made it look small 🙂

RustyMac

Can’t describe why I love it. Its just right.

Take some measurements then and note them down so you have a reference point for the future.

wwaswas

mrblobby = cinderella?

rOcKeTdOg

Looks like you chose to go 26″ 😯

No resale value next week then

It does look small (you’re a 6fter no?)

hora
    Free Member

Aye its the obsolete wheelsize. Darn me I’ve even gone and treated it to a brand new Evo2 rear wheel as well.

bellefied
    Free Member

love how you’ve added in the separate pictures of the fireplace and the lawn so we can criticise them without the bike being in the way 🙂

wl
    Free Member

Got one, they’re mint. The faster you ride them the smoother it gets. Deserves 160 or 170mm forks, and worth experimenting with the slider if you haven’t already.

hora
    Free Member

Ace isn’t it- you can dick around with any shock and shock position on there. A fettlers dream.

I think my BB is too low at the moment (pedals lost alot of pins from strikes) due to my shock being in a slacker position and 150 travel instead of 160. Will sort though with longer forks 8)

wwaswas

Who are you burying 😯

ir_bandito
    Free Member

you could have bought an older one and with the money saved, bought an Islabike for hora junior 😉

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Having seen you ride (once) I think that one is a keeper, hora.

I think it suits you. Nice.. 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

I can’t see it at work but no bother, it’ll be sold in a weeks time then there will be a gap of about 11 weeks whilst you find another frame then a period of roughly 3.9856 weeks whilst you deliberate over what to hang off it.. then you’ll unexpectidly* sell that on.

*this may not be true..

Still, get out and ride it.. 8)

JEngledow
    Free Member

Rate my new bike

EDIT: I don’t like green!!

steel4real
    Free Member

c’mon Hora I’ve got to ask, how is that so different to the 09 Five you sold me (for which I thank you of course 😉 ) which apprently you didn’t like ?

Any road – nice work putting the latest patriot decals onto a much older frame !

mrblobby
    Free Member

I think my BB is too low at the moment (pedals lost alot of pins from strikes) due to my shock being in a slacker position and 150 travel instead of 160. Will sort though with longer forks

Always find it peculiar when people determine the BB to be too low by frequency of pedal strikes.

hora
    Free Member

10 Five not 5. Patriots got a shorter TT and stouter shock 🙂

Im digging that bloody garden again tonight. Bloody hookers.

6079smithw
    Free Member

Before I rate it – where do you put a bottle cage?

JEngledow
    Free Member

Before I rate it – where do you put a bottle cage?

If the rumors are to be believed hora doesn’t need a bottle cage:

steel4real
    Free Member

Hora – I think your memory is failing,it was a late 09, but the actual 10’s had an hour glass headtube (still 1 1/8) not the ring reinforced style that ‘ours’ had 🙂 No changes in dimensions or geometry though.

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

You can’t go wrong with an orange. How much of a ball ache is it uphill though?

hora
    Free Member

With a 32T single ring I made it very slowly up from edale to Mam Tor on the road. Literally almost stopping

Steel4real it had a kinked top tube though remember and was the five not 5! Tsk your memory

oldgit
    Free Member

The QR lever is making me feel feint.

warton
    Free Member

Who are you burying

Whoever it is, he used those hoses to strangle them

righog
    Free Member

Do you live in an office ?

Bike is ace but needs a dropper post.

Rating 8/10 ( without a dropper) 9/10 with one 😀

hora
    Free Member

Dropper? I’d have a Tmars but I’m too heavy

singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bestest-272-droppers-for-not-much-wonga

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Rate my new bike’ is closed to new replies.