Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • RATBOY!!!!!!!!!
  • grubbish
    Free Member

Yet again the uk show how damn good we are!! Bet it not in the papers though congrats Josh Bryceland! You’re on fire! Let’s take it to the world champs

unklehomered
    Free Member

might want to de-spoiler that…

coogan
    Free Member

Hahahha! Very unsubtle. Funny. Someone won’t find it funny mind you…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yeah. Poss spoiler alert. Well done to Josh though.

sillyoldman

Erm, and the lass?

unklehomered
    Free Member

The post race interview was possibly the best I have ever seen.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

That’s quite annoying. I admire your enthusiasm though

darrenspink
    Free Member

Talking about media, bbc report on Manon Carpenter (big congrats to her) but nothing about Ratboy?? Strange.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/

rene59
    Free Member

Manon’s team are probably just better at sending out press releases. I doubt the BBC will have been covering the event.

kimbers

Hill, Atherton(Rach), Simmonds, Carpenter and Bryceland all had great days, good coverage and course looked really good too
    I’m sure the partying will be intense tonight

Sandwich

Also RIP the Dutch girl that died of her injuries sustained in a crash on Friday, Annefleur Kalvenhaar

akira

Glad I’ve avoided Twitter etc so I didn’t find out the result……

Jamie
    Free Member

So you avoided Twitter, but not a cycling forum?

Soooo close!

ads678

Makes me laugh how people still get annoyed about spoilers on here. If you don’t want to know the results, don’t go on the internet.

Well done ratboy though.

godzilla
    Free Member

Cheers for the spoiler 🙁
    NOT

jam-bo

Cheers for the spoiler
    NOT

Out of interest, What were you expecting when you opened this thread then?

wallop

You didn’t need to open the thread to see the spoiler, to be fair.

jam-bo

Fair point but it’s a fairly vague spoiler. He could have binned it.

johnj2000
    Free Member

So can you actually watch these races on tv then? If so where?

Always find it hard to understand how it can be a spoiler when the only way I find out about anyone’s success is via this forum but if someone has recorded it is going to watch it later then it’s a fair point I guess. But (which basically eliminates everything I said before) if I didn’t want to know a football result I would stay away from all football media. Just saying…….

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ratboy in massive letters with exclamation marks on the day of a DH event is not a fairly vague spoiler

Jamie
    Free Member

Fair point but it’s a fairly vague spoiler. He could have binned it.

Nah. It was always going to be him winning it.

…by the way, RATBOY!!!!!!! won.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

So can you actually watch these races on tv then? If so where?

Try Wiziwig, http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?&discipline=cycling&part=sports&archive=no&allowedDays=7

It’s not great quality but it’s there!

johnj2000
    Free Member

Ahhhhh I see now why people would get upset if they had planned hours of quality viewing via a dodgy internet site 🙂

Thanks for the link though suburb, will check it out.

vonplatz
    Free Member

I watched it on the Red Bull app on Apple tv. Free and great quality.

bullroar
    Free Member

And you can watch a reply on demand at Red Bull TV.

discoduck
    Free Member

I’m going to log on to the Football Assosciation web site and then Cry 🙄 Like a Baby because the results will ruin my self obsessed World which revolves mwah !

johnj2000
    Free Member

I have been pondering Apple TV for a while as we have a iMac and ipad so it seems the logical next step, this might have clinched the deal.

discoduck
    Free Member

I watched it this afternoon on an ipad sat in the garden with the headphones on, fettling the bike whilst sipping tea and munching cake !

Then i went for a steady ride with my son, off to the lakes Tomorrow.

akira

Bit of common sense, generic world cup title for thread with spoiler in title. Ratboy is an amazing rider but I can’t help cringe when I see him drinking cider and waving his arse at a house or whatever shenanigans he gets up to. Bring back sensible riders like Warner…

chrismac

Well done manon too

chrismac

Well done manon too

conkers
    Free Member

I went for a mince around Hopton, my phone rang with Ratboys rendition of God save the Queen (unknown number so ignored it) told my mate that’s to say Bryceland’s done it!
    As soon as I got back I bought beer and studiously ignored STW and Pinkbike going straight to red bull tv for the replay.

What a great round really chuffed for Simmonds and Hill but Manon and Ratboy really topped off a great day and a brilliant season! Can’t wait for worlds and I have to go to BPW for the last BDS round.
    I kinda like British downhills’ underground status at the moment as it’s really letting the best riders shine without the officious blithering and politics which can blight British sport.

dannyh
    Free Member

I’m glad he’s got his act together. I was concerned he was going down the ‘Fairclough’ route to mediocrity. Occasionally showcasing his amazing ability on ‘rad’ videos, flashing his metaphorical tits for the camera whenever he needs a bit of cash.

The ease that ratboy exudes on the bike just reeks of talent, he’s absolutely pinning it, but it never seems frenetic. Sure he comes across as a bit of a pillock, but he’s sure as hell putting the hours in and now it is paying dividends. If he wants to have a skinful and moon someone then I doubt it’s the worst thing in the world.

Well done young man, a British world champ and seemingly a nice lad to boot.

Speeder

Will you “spoiler!” lot just F off?! I had the sense to only watch the RedBull feed before going anywhere that may have blown the surprise, as I couldn’t watch it live. What’s your excuse?

MTB news on MTB forum shocker. Swear word.

Ona positive note – totally made up for the lad! Couldn’t have happened to a nicer kid and just shows what a bit of confidence can do.

Also amazing to note that on one of the hardest tracks of the year that 8 out of the top 16 were UK riders – just goes to show what a depth of talent we have in this country and what an influence Peaty has been.

Oh and was thoroughly chuffed for Manon too, she’s had an amazing season and I’m not sure she can believe it’s all happening,I just hope Jason got out there to see it.

G

cfinnimore
    Free Member

If more people behaved like him the world would be a better place.

*he’s so childish* Boooooo. Get a grip.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Sure he comes across as a bit of a pillock,

No he doesn’t. He comes across as a young lad who enjoys what he does, is good at what he does and celebrates accordingly without the middle class, middle aged anxieties and overwhelming self awareness and pretentiousness that is so readily expressed on here.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

^word

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As a point on the Spoiler thing, there were 2 other WC DH threads, that might have been a place to post.
    Lots of people spend their saturday afternoons out of the house doing stuff so watch the entire thing on Catch Up on Red Bull (HD too) not a stupid dodgy internet rip off site.

Taking a look round some other sites (Dirt, Pinkbike & Vital) they all seem to manage to tell you there is a story and some results that you can look at without screaming who won.

If I had spent the whole of Saturday outside riding my bike and then came home to watch the race on replay I’d be mightily pissed off if some tool managed to give it all away.

Anyway Rant over I managed to watch it live as it was just after midnight when it finished here.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oh an well done to him, the interview he did with Singletrack shows how down to earth he is. Genuinely comes across as the sort of bloke who it would just be a good laugh to go for a ride and beer with.

JCL
    Free Member

Simmonds run was mega. If he could ride flat turns like Hill he’d have won by a second.

Congrats to the Rat. Specialized really shit the bed didn’t they? Still, many Championships to come for Troy I’m sure.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘RATBOY!!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.