Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Raspberry Pi 2 – Quad core
  • Cougar

RetroPie – have you got the control block?

GrahamS

PiMAME you say:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrEj1aQRbpw[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

If anyone wants to sell an old pi I’m interested.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    squirrelking
    Free Member

If it performs as well as I hope then bring it on!

Was going to get my B set up for media duties but I think I know what the last of my christmas money is going on 😀

Might get a touchscreen and put the B in the car, plenty of power to play tunes and run diagnostics.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Just remembered my B is actually a Mk1 with 256mb RAM, nothing more than a luxury A. Definitely upgrade time!

aracer
    Free Member

I have one of those, though for the electronic interfacing I do with it, the only real advantage to one of the latest ones is the improved packaging and use of a micro sd. This new version opens up some possibilities though – have just been discussing it, and we’re looking seriously at the idea of getting a load of them to use as thin clients (the older version is almost, but not quite up to the job). I reckon £50 all in for that functionality including case, PSU, keyboard and mouse (add £70 for a monitor) has to be a bargain.

GrahamS

Couple of good summaries from Make:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZz8MW3DSqA[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBU4aIYnyuI[/video]

(Assuming you can understand the second guy! The subtitles are particularly helpful 🙂 )

aracer
    Free Member

Actually scratch that, have done a shopping list on CPC and I can get everything but the monitor for £47, £25 for a monitor on ebay (I reckon we might wangle a discount if we buy a load), so £72 per seat.

“peace up his holler scholar”
    er, yeah, he seems to have broken youtube

Russell96

Well you can probably guess how long I lasted before ordering one, it arrived this morning

cp

Mine too 🙂

MikeG

Ordered mine at 2pm, showing stock and expecting delivery today, just had an email saying I won’t get it until 21 Feb 🙁
    At least there’s a chance retropie will be working by then 🙂

pedlad

So would this be a good /cheaper way of having a nas server? I was using a usb hdd plugged into my bt router to serve music/backup and serve photos but for some random reason it stopped working despit the hdd being fine on a laptop.

Is there an easy way of setting this up?

jimmy

What would i need to get one of these to play old Amiga games on? Are old games downloadable somewhere? Aaah, rainbow islands!

marmaduke
    Free Member

Just as I settle down to do Raspberry Pi programming and need to keep referencing the forums, the bloody world DDOS’s the rpi servers for 2 days!! FFS

mtbtom
    Free Member

So would this be a good /cheaper way of having a nas server? I was using a usb hdd plugged into my bt router to serve music/backup and serve photos but for some random reason it stopped working despit the hdd being fine on a laptop.

They don’t make great NAS servers to be honest. USB port is fairly slow, think it shares bandwidth with the SD card or something. Also ethernet port is only 100Mbps. It’s not fast enough to stream HD video from anyway, but music and photos would probably be ok.

As for setting it up, you’ll have to follow a guide / edit files yourself from a Linux command line. Here’s a guide:
    http://elinux.org/R-Pi_NAS

I don’t use mine as a NAS. It’s my VPN end-point and also does backup duties from a NAS to the cloud.

xiphon
    Free Member

They make good reliable firewalls/routers/WAP.

We have one as a media centre (RaspbMC), one as a headless audio unit (in the garage), and another as a remote RaspMC (OpenVPN/NFS is preconfigured to phone home) at a friends house.

The RPi 2 looks promising as a silent desktop for me for work ( Linux SysAdmin )

sharkbait
    Free Member

It’s good they’ve done this but the extra power wouldn’t help me. My 3 Pi’s are running applications that check temperatures every 5-10 mins and switch things on and off …. not exactly intensive.
    That said I’m sure I’ll get one!

sharkbait
    Free Member

At least there’s a chance retropie will be working by then

Emulation?
    Just for you Mike

MikeG

That looks promising 🙂

It turned up yesterday but I doubt I’ll have time to play with it this weekend, hopefully I’ll finally get round to finishing the mamecab I started almost a decade ago 😳

colournoise

I’ve ordered one. Been thinking about it for a while but the new spec’s a no brainer.

Now just need to decide what to do with it…

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Raspberry Pi 2 – Quad core’ is closed to new replies.