Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Rash on my kid
  • molgrips
    Free Member

She has a rash over most of her body but it’s much worse, all joined up, in the places where she’s had the most sun. You can see the swimming costume outline in rash, not in tan.

Haven’t been on the beach in quite a few weeks, but she was at the pool last week. But it’s not under the cozzy – it’s where the cozzy wasn’t. And seems worse on her cheeks which of course have had more sun than anything else.

Any ideas what it might be? She’s perfectly well otherwise.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Maybe Slapped Cheek Syndrome?

My youngest had this a few weeks ago and had exactly what you describe.

IANAD Obvs.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Slapcheek, scarletina or I actually had similar symptoms with hay fever as a lad, the first year I’d had it, IIRC I was 11.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

Well the rash looks like slapped cheek – but the weird thing is how it follows her tan line.

wwaswas

I get a rash sometimes when I’ve been in the sun and not used enough cream. Is it itchy?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Ours was the same – had distinct lines on his arms and the back of his neck where his t-shirt ended.

molgrips
    Free Member

Huh.. and there’s no mention of that on the internets.

scotroutes

It’s not just prickly heat? I used to get that around areas my socks/short sleeves etc were in contact with

molgrips
    Free Member

No, it’s the bits that *weren’t* covered that have it.

scotroutes

Aye – that’s where I got it. Not directly under the contact bit, but a ring around my ankle above my socks, on my arms just below my sleeves.

Still, I’m sure if you’ve seen it before you’d recognise it so I’m likely just waffling 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Plus she was last in the sun in a cozzy like a month ago.

Drac

It’s not just caused by the sun, it’s due to sweating and blocking the pores. So it can happen when it’s humid.

scud
    Free Member

Sounds odd, but you haven’t changed washing powder or anything recently?

My daughter got a rash which we traced to changing to a certain washing liquid

theotherjonv

group of non-medical folk diagnose childhood rash based on not even seeing it

#peakstw 😉

JoeG
    Free Member

Have you asked Alexa?

irelanst
    Free Member

My daughter’s best friend has something which sounds very similar at the moment. Docs initially thought is was viral, but now thinking it’s a form of eczema.

jimwah
    Free Member

Not sure how old your nipper is, but our nursery sent out a notice about one of the kids getting scarlet fever this week, sounds similar but the tan lines thing is a bit weird. Off to the docs asap either way I think!

darrell
    Free Member

Hives perhaps

funkmasterp

Off to the docs asap either way I think!

I’d do this just to put your mind at rest if nothing else

jkomo

Have a look at the tongue, scarlet fever has a red tongue, like a strawberry, the rash is rough like sandpaper.
    Easily treated, but serious if it’s not.
    My boy had it, was fine with penicillin.
    Get her looked at regardless. Go tomorrow to the on call doc.

lovebadger
    Free Member

When my little girl had slapped cheek she was ill (swollen glands etc) about 2 weeks beforehand and the rash was the last thing to show up…at that point it wasn’t contagious, which was lucky as we were just about to get on a plane 🙂 of course rashes can be about 40 different ailments and it’s quite difficult to pin down the cause. hope she’s OK 🙂

matt_bl
    Free Member

Our little one had slapped cheek a couple of weeks ago. She was never under the weather but the progression of the rash went cheeks, arms and legs, then torso, so could be similar. Hope it clears up quickly, whatever it is.

Matt

tjagain

I do hope you have taken proper medical advice on this.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

EVERY time this thread is on the first page and I skim down I read it as “rash on my lid”.

Not sure what that says about me other than I need to visit an optician.

Cougar

Or a GUM clinic.

molgrips
    Free Member

I do hope you have taken proper medical advice on this.

I did. The NHS website basically said ‘come in if your kid is unwell’. Well she was her full perky bonkers self the whole time, so we didn’t go in.

Cheeks normal colour now and rash is fading.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Rash on my kid’ is closed to new replies.