Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 162 total)
  • Rarest bike you've owned?
  • sefton
    Free Member

1930’s Raleigh sport

Candodavid
    Free Member

Pace RC300
    Klein Adroit pro

druidh
    Free Member

2012 9:zero:7 Fatbike.

mrmo
    Free Member

Got a Bontrager Race, probably not that rare, also got a Lemond Croix de Fer, which on the basis that the model i have was never imported has to be fairly uncommon.

haggis1978

Stars and Bars Kona Hot
    Clark Kent Chromag
    DeKerf UK Ltd Edition

Owned the Hot twice and only did about 10-15 miles on it 🙄

amplebrew

Mine must have been either a Pace RC200, Specialized S Works steel or Merlin XLM.

The S Works steel was a lovely bike.

P20

I guess my Ritchey P20. I know of a couple more, but certainly not that common.

Moses

Scaredy, I wanted a Jack Taylor too. I went to their works where I was about 16, & still get narked that my dad wouldn’t buy me a 2nd hand tourer of theirs, with 15 gears, 3 x 5. He saus that no-one needed that many gears…..
    I’m also ex-Stockton. Thank god.

twohats
    Free Member

Santa Cruz Jackal BMX, not to be confused with the dirt jump frame of the same name, this was way earlier.
    It was like a scaled down Chameleon frame and they only made 75 of them in 20″ and 75 in 24″, I’ve got the 20″ which is still used occasionally.

b1galus
    Free Member

Ken rodgers trike , moulton , rudge three speed , royal enfield revelation

TooTall
    Free Member

Gary Fisher Marlin in 1998.

It was the only XXL Marlin imported to the UK – niche!

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Raleigh bomber….and my much loved litespeed Pisgah

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Titus Switchblade – my main ride.

LimboJimbo

1994 KHS Montana Comp. I didn’t ever see many others at races and a quick google image search has returned precisely four results like mine. It’s lack of popularity may have been due in part to the fact that sprinting out of the saddle flexed the frame so much, it ghost shifted both ends at the same time.

MrOvershoot

This one

TheFlyingOx

I’ve got a Pronghorn XC-SW Carbon and a Pronghorn PR6 Trail. Don’t think there are many of either of them about.

ads678

Raliegh dyna-tech ti circa 1992. My brother in law used to race it back in the early 90’s, it was actually his second as he snapped the first, then I had it for a few years. Gave it him back about 4 years ago but it needed a fair bit of work, he chucked it in skip!!

If I had it now i’d restore it to it’s former glory, oh well.

Rik
    Free Member

Proto Ragley TD-1 – one of two
    Chromag Sakura
    The second Ti456 ever sold!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Kona A.
    Not especially rare, but you don’t see many.
    Very rare in its current build with a belt-drive though…

DSC_0283 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

loddrik
    Free Member

Klein Adroit Pro

headpotdog
    Free Member

OK, an Orange Clockwork’s not a rare bike, but I had one in silver. Not seen another like it.

Also still got a Proflex 853 with a Noleen NR4 shock and Pace RC36 forks. In bits now though since the shock blew up and couldn’t be repaired 🙁

[/url]
    My old Proflex by J, on Flickr[/img]

rob2
    Free Member

Salsa el santo -100mm full sus. Would have been great with an angleset

Dave Yates original Diablo -1991 with bespoke paint

cozz
    Free Member

i rode 5 miles home on my 1983 raleigh bomber yesterday !!

very sedate, like riding miss daisy !

tazzymtb

hmmm
    a dave lloyd
    spooky metalhead
    sinister splinter
    prototype Scandal 29er
    a big blue jones

all fairly bog standard really

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

An Indonesian Cycle rickshaw.

Pretty much certain it’s the only one in the country….

takisawa2

Don’t think I ever bumped into anyone on another Ventana when I had my El-Ciclon.
    Never met anyone in a Niner come to think of it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Mr big st-10 –

Sandman gobi

Omega ( mark reilly built) easton scandium roadie

Macgyver

Ventana full bounce tandem. I know there are a couple more out there in the uk but not with S&S couplings so you can pack the whole thing into 2 flight cases that fit the 62 inch rule to qualify as standard luggage. It’s ace!

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

SWD 6 Gun
    Keewee Cromo eight
    Fat Chance Yo Eddy

Non production descendence custom cromo full suss

khani
    Free Member

Magura test bike, very nice it was too, but not as nice as my HL 5spot so I sold it

worldrallyteam
    Free Member

I had a Kuwahara Rhino 3 BMX, which I raced in the early to mid eighties. I sold it only about 5 years ago to a collector in Anchorage Alaska.

theredchili
    Free Member

1991 Monster Fat Chance , in pepto pink

bencooper
    Free Member

I’ve got an original geared Ti Inbred which I’ve owned from new – I believe there where only 52 geared and 52 singlespeed frames made. Not sure how many are still on the trails.

Well I’ve got one of the singlespeed ones, and it’s still on the trails. How about a Hetchins Nulli Secundus? Only 50 of them made back in ’53/54.

mboy
    Free Member

I owned a Specialized S-Works Team Edition M2 hardtail frame, with Carbon Fibre S-Works Judy’s, exactly the same frame and forks ridden by Jason McRoy in DIRT.

Was reliably informed that only about 20 of the frames and forks made it to the UK, and all ended up in sponsored riders hands. Obviously, I bought it second hand (from lookmanohands off this forum), but then owned it for the next 5 or 6 years. Was a great bike, I only got rid of in the end (to my best mate who had it a few years thereafter) cos I needed disc brakes…

Oh, and I very briefly owned a Spot Brand DJ frame, bought off Salsaboy of this here forum again. Only rode it a couple of times, before selling the frame on…

crispedwheel
    Free Member

LimboJimbo – Member

1994 KHS Montana Comp. I didn’t ever see many others at races and a quick google image search has returned precisely four results like mine.

I had one of those – with Pace RC36’s. Still have the 36’s, but the rest died a while ago.

mocha
    Free Member

Salsa Selma – don’t think many others would have endured the 8 months wait :o)

sssimon
    Free Member

Used to.have an ex team animal orange Mr.o.that was pretty special, totally different to the production bike

Think I have the only Curtis with paragon sliders

ajantom

1999 Red ano RC200.
    1997 Yeti Kokopelli (hardtail, not the newer full-sus). US built Yeti, but only sold in Europe.
    2004? Global ti softail. Only seen one other, and that not in the flesh.

lecky94
    Free Member

Mantis pro floater by richard cunningham,my first real full susser..

avdave2

1986 Rockhopper – all mountain bikes were rare then, it was common to ride over the downs all day without seeing another bike. I expect more Rockhopper’s are sold in a year now, maybe even a month, than all the mountain bikes put together in 86.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘Rarest bike you've owned?’ is closed to new replies.