Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Raptor or Zealot…?
  • davetrave
    Free Member

New bike pack time and already decided on it being an Osprey – have other packs of theirs and very happy…

But…

Raptor 14 or Zealot 16 for all-day natural trail riding, the odd session at trail centres and occasional group leading duties? Both have compressions straps/panels so can be volume-reduced for less gear/shorter rides, will be replacing a Deuter Race 12l pack which sometimes is stretched to bursting and doesn’t have any compression.

superfli
    Free Member

Zealot, by a way. I have a small raptor 7? and zealot (small 14ltr). Zealot has tool pouch and pocket at base, phone holder on shoulder, zipped waist pockets, holds FF. Its a lot better IMO

davetrave
    Free Member

Hmm… Yeah, just seen the S/M back size Zealot comes up as actually being 14l capacity. The 2013 Raptor 14 has the tool pouch in the base now as well though. What sort of riding do you do – I won’t be strapping a full face or full armour on, maybe some soft knee pads but that’s it…

Potdog
    Free Member

I use a Zealot for guiding duties. It’s a fantastic pack. Not tried the Raptor so can’t compare. That’s probably nit much help really is it!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Zealot, by a way. I have a small raptor 7? and zealot (small 14ltr). Zealot has tool pouch and pocket at base, phone holder on shoulder, zipped waist pockets, holds FF. Its a lot better IMO

Pack with twice the capacity holding more stuff shocker!

dantsw13

I’ve had a raptor 14(?) for a couple of years, and its great. The back is quite strong, and saved my back in a big off in the Alps last year.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I have the raptor 14 and zealot 18 and both are excellent.
    I use the zealot in the winter when I might want to carry more kit eg clothing etc.
    It’s very comfortable and stable though. It feels like a much more substantial (heavier) pack. Whilst the tool roll is handy ish I don’t find it that easy to access especially when it gets mucky. The bottom is waterproof though and easy to hose down.
    The raptor is very comfortable too and one bonus is it comes with a bladder which the zealot doesn’t. I use mine more in summer months when I pack lighter.
    I picked my zealot up for £30 brand new on eBay so was an absolute bargain and paid about £45 of stw classifieds brand new.
    Bottom line very happy with both but they have different uses.
    If I had to pick one it would be the zealot but only cos it is more practical year round.
    Cheers
    Steve

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Raptor or Zealot…?’ is closed to new replies.