• This topic has 27 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by aP.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • rapha winter jersey worth the money?
  • karnali
    Free Member

Reduced to £100 got me thinking of trying g one next winter as my old gore is on last legs. Also noticed pro team jacket for 130. Is the stuff good, reviews seem to say so, just wondered about real life users. These prices bring it down to gore / pearl izumi etc prices.

Will be used for commuting and winter road / cross rides.
    The vents look good as I normally suffer from the cold at the start of a ride but run quite warm after first half hour.
    Cheers

warton
    Free Member

Rapha do a few items very, very well. the winter jersey is one of those items. 100 quid isn’t a bad price. Their wind jacket is probably my most worn piece of kit, couldn’t comment on the team jacket though…

aa
    Free Member

2nd what warton says. They do make good kit, and some incredibly glord stuff.

i have a few of their tops including the cross jersey and they are made well. Its got a few more bobbles and pulls than an equivalent northwave one i have, but its a log lightrr/thinner and just as warm. Nice fit too.

For a hundered quid its worth a pop.

MoreCashThanDash

It will be a good piece of kit. Only you can decide if it is worth it?

*goes off to see if they have any in extra fat size left*

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes, I use it, it’s excellent.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I have a few Rapha pieces in my collection, one being a winter jersey.

Superb top.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

yup got a winter top here, used it as a mid layer and on its own, very good top,

crazy-legs

It’s warm – really only for properly cold weather – but it’s a superb bit of kit, like the majority of their stuff.

The Pro Team Jersey is probably a more all-round top, I’ve worn mine as a top layer in warmer weather or a mid layer if it’s cold/raining.

sniffthebreeze
    Free Member

Slightly different spin.
    I have heaps of rapha and this is a very good top, but for me it is not a winter top , even with a Marino base layer. It is just not wind proof enough, unless you wear something over it.
    I use mine in 7-12 degree range only. It is very good and at about four years old still looks in fine condition, but for me it is not a winter top!
    Castelli espresso does that job.

Sniff

karnali
    Free Member

Thanks for comments sounds like it will do the job as I tend to carry a jacket or gilet. Sizing, I’m 5’9 and 37 chest, small dhb, med in a form and castelli summer jersey all quite snug.

sniffthebreeze
    Free Member

Sounds like medium will tick the box
    Sniff

Spud

I’ve just returned a small for being too small and a medium for being too big. I’m normally a medium in all jerseys etc from Rapha. A lot of reviews say size down. Oh, and thanks for posting, Pro Team Jacket reduced too!

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve been using rapha kit since 2004, still got a ‘classic’ jersey I’ve been using for a looong time at it looks good as new, worn a couple of times a week on a 40 mile round trip commute so well worn.

taxi25
    Free Member

Just ordered a large. Can’t go wrong at that price ! If I don’t like it it goes on ebay next winter,

karnali
    Free Member

Spud how tall and rough chest size r u I’m still undecided on med or small for winter jersey.

Just seen the country jersey half price as well this could get costly!!

RoganJosh
    Free Member

£6 postage?! GTF

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Still hard to take the prices, when they where banging out long sleeve jerseys for £35 at the sale in Manchester..
    That said, I do love their kit.

kiwijohn

Hmmm, I’ve been looking for winter jerseys, I better get in before they’re all gone.

Spud

Karnali I’m 5’7 and around 37-38 chest I think. The medium was too baggy around the chest and small too tight across it. I think in part to the wind proof lining.

Clink

Just ordered a large. Can’t go wrong at that price !

If you can justify the price fine; but they are not good value for money. I have used windproof winter jerseys from Altura that cost me half the Rapha sale price and have lasted 3 year so far. Currently using a Gore one bought in Wiggle sale last winter and it’s brill – and was 2/3 of the price.

The Rapha stuff looks great and appears to be well made, but you can get garments that perform and wear at least as well for far less.

taxi25
    Free Member

Saying you “can’t go wrong at that price” doesn’t imply it functions better than other manufacturers clothing. Only that its cheap for a piece of Rapha kit. Rightly or wrongly some brands are more highly regarded than others. I can’t go wrong, because at that price if I don’t like it, come winter unused it will sell for a profit.

nickc

Endura Windchill. Warmer and cheaper

mrblobby
    Free Member

The Rapha stuff looks great

It use to, and some of it still does. But the new stuff with the single band looks a bit rubbish IMO.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohhh just bought a blue one to go with my grey one… 😀

earl_brutus

Had one about a month now, bloody toasty on the morning commute, and easy to regulate heat with zips n vents, bloomin marvellous

warton
    Free Member

If you can justify the price fine; but they are not good value for money

well, if you crash a rapha top, you send it back, and they fix or replace, free of charge. i sent a pair of shorts back, 1 year old, the chamois stitching had come away, they replaced the chamois, for nowt.

would Altura do that?

karnali
    Free Member

Stuff arrived quite nice sent for a windchill for £50 to compare with winter jersey, just concerned about how rapha winter jersey will cope with light rain.

aP
    Free Member

It’ll be like most other items of clothing. It’ll get slightly damp.
    I think you’ll live though.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘rapha winter jersey worth the money?’ is closed to new replies.