Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Rapha stuff – Worth it?
  • footflaps

I don’t think it’s a question of the quality in China, it’s more the marketing of Rapha being a British brand

Very few British brands manufacture in the UK….

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Shutt Velo Rapide do.
    Nice stuff and cheaper than Rapha

dantsw13

In your opinion, so you buy it.

People can buy what they like, it’s the inverted snobbery superiority that gets me.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I like Rapha gear generally. It fits me well and I can afford a few peices every now and then but struggle to bring myself to pay list price (but that’s the same with everything if I’m honest). I find it lasts a good amount of time and feels good whilst wearing.

If you want similar styling but made in UK then try Velobici. Based in Leicester and all fabric UK sourced and made in Leicester.

dantsw13

Not heard of Shott before – I like it!!

drslow
    Free Member

As luck would have it, Howies just announced a deal on their Merino, so I’ve now got 2 for not much more than the Rapha one. Enter MERINOTWENTY at the checkout. 🙂

dirtyrider
    Free Member

their stuff is still made in China,

couple of the recent ones I’ve got are Lithuania

I’ve never really liked Howies. It stems from way back when Mrs SWSD tried to buy some size 16 stuff and found out they only went up to 14. Their reason was something along the lines of “fat birds don’t exercise” (I may be paraphrasing there). It kind of jarred with their “we’re so cool and trendy we kayak to work” website. I prefer Rapha’s cheezy marketing.

I see they go up to (but only up to) size 16 now. Perhaps somebody had a word.

Daffy

ojom – Member
    Why do you think China made wouldn’t be worth a high retail?

Chinese manufacturing is comparatively cheap at approximately 1/3rd of UKmin. With such a high retail price, I’d like to see their clothing made in the UK.

I’m not making any judgement on the quality of Chinese manufacture, indeed I’d imagine it to comparable to or in excess of here in the UK.

mrblobby
    Free Member

decent price from the outlet

If your a small boy or a giant maybe.

lunge

If your a small boy or a giant maybe.[/quote]
    Well I’m the latter but really don’t need any more jerseys Any chance anyone can buy all of those before I’m forced to?

dantsw13

If your a small boy or a giant maybe.

Not judgemental at all there. Rapha XL is hardly obese 🙄

And it’s a bloody brilliant price – I might have just bought the last one

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not judgemental at all there. Rapha XL is hardly obese

Yes, apologies there. Just annoyed that us M’s hardly ever get a bargain 🙂

lunge

And it’s a bloody brilliant price – I might have just bought the last one

Thank you, just saved me a couple of quid.

onehundredthidiot

Some Rapha stuff is made in Hawick, about 200m from where I’m sitting. A few years ago there were a lot of Rapha clad riders on the roads, all clad in seconds.

I’m a fan buy offers only. Saying that i fell for the 10%off and free arm warmers recently.

mrchrispy

I was so very close to caving in on that offer but remained strong.

dantsw13

Mr B – I guess that must be the same for a lot of stuff – rarely much M/L kit falling through to the sales.

Sorry, on re-reading your post, you weren’t being judgemental. It’s just the standard response on a Rapha thread seems to be that way.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Just had a nice 30% off code from Rapha, now it’s definitely worth it 😀

dirtyrider
    Free Member

anyone else have this issue? (called and emailed them today, phones not answered and email not replied to)

options for shipping are

3-5 day
    2 day express
    saturday delivery
    sunday delivery

no option for next day even though its listed in the customer services > shipping options

😕

monkfish
    Free Member

Their bib shorts are very good and IMO worth the money at full price. I have a pair of pro team and the classics.

One thing I didn’t notice mentioned was their free crash repair service.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Nope – not when Endura & others are so much cheaper.

It’s not as their stuff is that much better, makes you X times faster & Y times more attractive to which ever sex you so desire…

eskay

I was passing the outlet in Shepton Mallet a few weeks ago and picked up some bib shorts for £68. They are bloody comfortable, first Rapha gear I have ever bought.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Rapha sale shopper here… Love the tops (also not made in China according to the label) I also own a carbon santa Cruz but my road bike is a 10 year old mid spec specialized what does that mean? I also wouldn’t ever join a road club or go on these club rides as they sound full of judgemental tossers.

freeagent
    Free Member

Based purely on the number of riders (of all abilities) I see local to me dressed head to toe in Rapha I’d say there are a lot of people out there who can afford it, see their pricing as acceptable, and regard the kit as worth the cost.

I can’t really justify the cost – but if I had more disposable income – I’d join the hoards – I really like Rapha kit.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Everyone ignore my question then and just jumped in replying to the OP in a 11 month old thread 😆

mudshark
    Free Member

😉
    Castelli is my high end brand of choice. Found a nice soft shell in Aldi though.

Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Rapha stuff – Worth it?’ is closed to new replies.