Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rapha Sample Sale. Leeds
  • hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Did anyone else rock up for this today? Queue was massive but I got a jersey, bib shorts and cap so I came away happy.

Start predictable abuse…

…NOW

Gary_M
    Free Member

What were the prices like, and availability of sizing? Anything non standard kicking about. I might go to the one in Glasgow on Friday but I don’t fancy joining a queue.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Get there early! I got there at 8:30 and got through the door at 10. It was worse later on – people on Twitter talking about 3 hour queues.

From what I saw, if you’re an XS, S, XL or XXL you’re laughing. Or, if you’re a woman, or you really like Team Sky kit. Choice in M or L was more limited. Luckily I’m an S in jerseys so I found a classic jersey. I also found a pair of M classic shorts, but only because they’d been put in the S section by mistake; there were no shorts in M or L. I was in the market for a Rain Jacket but no luck in my size.

Plenty of Trade Team and Country jerseys, wind jackets, Hard shell jackets, pro team shorts, Lombardia jerseys. Plenty of accessories; boxes and boxes of caps, socks, overboots, mitts and shoes. Also lots of their city kit; jeans and chinos and stuff.

TBH it’s a bit of a jumble sale – they replenish the stock each day so what you see in Glasgow might be completely different to what I saw in Leeds.

sputnik
    Free Member

Prices?

legend
    Free Member

Keen to here prices too so I can decide if the one up this way is worth the faff

hjghg5
    Free Member

I went at lunchtime – queued for an hour or so to get in, but someone I knew came out while I was queuing – she’d got into the queue at 9.30 and was only just leaving.

I got shorts and a gilet, could have picked up a bit more but that was as much as I wanted to spend. I am female though – there was a lot of XXS but they did have a decent selection of other sizes. I needed to get back to work so didn’t spend as long rummaging as I could have once I’d found the bits and pieces I’d actually turned up for.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Prices are about 50% of rrp. Jerseys £55, bibs £80, cap £10.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Get there early! I got there at 8:30 and got through the door at 10

Right, I think I’ll give it a miss then.

porlus
    Free Member

Bloke at work was going to go this afternoon (we finish work at 12:30 based in York). Drove there, saw the massive wait to get in, turned round and came home lol.

mrchrispy

just buy it in the normal sale and save some self respect 🙂

RustySpanner

Just don’t buy any of it and save ALL your self respect.

davosaurusrex

I have one Rapha jersey that my brother gave me for my birthday. It is a lovely bit of kit but when you hear about queues like this for their sales it seems to be a bit of a clique now, a victim of its own success. Think I’ll avoid getting any more of it. Unless of course it’s really cheap….

dirtyrider
    Free Member

nothing is in any order, the signs may says XS S M L XL XXL but stuff is mixed in everywhere, i just went through every box and pulled out some decent stuff (imo)

stuff was being brought in all the time, while i was there a bunch of shoes, large jerseys and essentials cases were put out

bib shorts are few and far between in any size, saw a few winter tights without pads,
    few aerosuits mixed in, cross and black aero, saw a couple of larges and a small
    a few soft-shell base layers in grey, most sizes
    overshoes – rare
    shoes – large 46s or small 39s sizes, saw 1 pair of 43.5s
    didn’t look though the sky stuff – tkw stuff innit
    socks were mainly smalls
    piles of plain black/white stripe cotton caps
    briefcases?
    a few leather town gloves
    some imperial works stuff mixed in 2/3 pieces
    transfer jackets
    gilets few and far between

think i joined the queue at the worst time, 10am, was just after 12 when i went in,

mattyfez

I can just imagine black Friday style scenes, lots of unfit middle aged people fighting over tshirts and shorts that cost the same anyway, but it’s 80% less than RRP!

crazy-legs

transfer jackets

Can’t believe they stopped making them. One of the best bits of kit they ever did. I pretty much live in mine for about 7 months of the year!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rapha Sample Sale. Leeds’ is closed to new replies.