Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Rapha Rising
  • TheDoctor
    Free Member

Anyone else doing this agian this year, 9366M is going to hurt.

Curious to see how this will work without Strava though!

TheDoctor
    Free Member

That will be a no then 😐

AlasdairMc

It’s not on Strava? Where is it then?

richpips
    Free Member

We’re going to have a bash at doing it in one #everesting ride. 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m doing it, but didn’t want anyone to know. 😕

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Register direct on the Rapha site, I only found it by googling Rapha rising 2015.

richpips – Member

We’re going to have a bash at doing it in one #everesting ride

I can feel your pain from here 😯

My plan is to ride in the Dales, lots!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://pages.rapha.cc/rapha-rising-2015
    Not sure how you prove it, not partaking unless I can leave the GPS on for my next 6 flights…

mooman
    Free Member

I guess I’ll do it – did all the others, so best get the collection.

No idea how you verify the rides though??

bikebouy
    Free Member

One of my mates is everlasting Swains Lane in Town for it.

Think he’s a bit deranged TBH. 😕

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The only one I completed I ended up doing the biggest road climb round here about 8 times over 3 days before heading off to find any other hill I could find

richpips
    Free Member

No idea how you verify the rides though??

“Applications to claim a woven badge will open on the 19th. No Strava necessary, just your word.” from here – http://pages.rapha.cc/rapha-rising-2015

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Gonna take a while on the Vale of York 😀

richpips
    Free Member

How are y’all doing. We’re up to 5,427 metres. 😀

simondbarnes

No Strava necessary, just your word

I finished it yesterday.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

How did everyone get on then? I managed 9488m with a couple of days to spare, all done in the Yorkshire Dales!

Daffy

It’s proven to be quite difficult down south. My nine days of commuting covers me for ~4500m, but even with two (early morning) weekend ascents of Snowdon, I’m still 2000m+ short.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Found it a struggle too.. TBH I got bored bouncing up and dow Beacon Hill and Old Winny hill so just ended up hacking the lanes.. Ended up not completing it, but had some great rides out so not too bothered TBH. 😕

slugwash
    Free Member

I also fell short by 2000 metres. I managed almost 7300 metres by extending my daily commute and running a 750 metre Saturday evening errand, but domestic duties yesterday kept me from getting out on the bike and making up the shortfall. Had great fun giving it a go though 🙂

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Over 14000 for me.

I was on holiday this year and was able to do a few long hilly rides rather than squeezing in some hill repeats in the evening, made it feel a fair bit easier to previous years despite the extra miles and saddle time!

jameso

Nice .. I’m not on strava and didn’t know this was ‘on’ but did plenty 19th-22nd on a touring trip. Badge claim going in : )

mooman
    Free Member

I registered previously – I don`t see where you confirm if you have done it?
    Or do they just take the word of everybody that registers, that they will complete it??

richpips
    Free Member

They’ll be asking for your address at some time I would have thought to send the badge.

richpips
    Free Member
    martinxyz
    Free Member

After finding that if you shake your Garmin edge to sort out the moisture ingress… the elevation goes up like a rocket. For that reason I won’t be doing it and don’t trust folk that do the altitude they claim to do in the first few days of it 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

*sticks 810 in blender

😆

Shak47

If you suck the moisture out the barometer hole in the back with your mouth, creating a bit of a vacuum,you may find the elevation increasing significantly, I discovered this when I needed to clean the device during a ride when it had stopped recording elevation.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Rapha Rising’ is closed to new replies.