Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Rapha Rising
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

It’s that time of year again with the Rapha Rising challenge on Strava http://www.strava.com/challenges/rapha-rising-three-ranges 🙂

Bit more than previous years with 8800 metres to be climbed. Who is in?

Managed to start things off with about 2000m which im feeling quite pleased with as i only had a short window of opportunity this morning before the rain set in for the day.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Not started yet but will be heading into the dales tomorrow to get some climbing in 🙂

mooman
    Free Member

Managed a short 40 mile ride today that crossed off 1100m.
    Should have time for another 1500m tomoz.
    Weather looking better, so that’s got to help some.

richpips
    Free Member

A rubbish day yesterday weatherwise, so we jacked after ~600 metres.

Did ~1500 today though.

BadlyWiredDog

I’m hoping I can knock the whole thing off in one ride soloing 24/12… it sort of makes sense. 😐

jimification
    Free Member

2200m yesterday, 1700m today. Only got 4 evenings left to finish it, though, as I’m pitting at Bonty next weekend.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Done well so far, shall finish by Tues I reckon..

DT78
    Free Member

I’m thinking about it….which probably means too late as I’m working. Where I live it’s hard to get 5000ft in a 100miler without repeating. Might be set for some very very dull evening hill reps….

AlasdairMc

1100m in 26km tonight, so I need to pull the finger out and get a decent ride in tomorrow to make a big dent in the total.

richpips
    Free Member

Where I live it’s hard to get 5000ft in a 100miler without repeating. Might be set for some very very dull evening hill reps….

We’ve done a few reps already. Apparently we have to go to the Alps or Pyrenees next year as reps are boring.

martinxyz
    Free Member

It was very foggy and wet last night but made a start with it. Managed a repeat of Cairngorm summit earlier so I’ve done 26% of it.

crazy-legs

1100m on Saturday, 2200m on Sunday.
    38% complete according to Strava. Will try and get out most evenings this week. Then I’ll see what the weather is doing next weekend and maybe try finishing it off with a big Lakes or Dales ride.

Fortunately, living right on the edge of the Peak District, it’s fairly easy to do 1000+m in less than 30 miles.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

766m done, not a hope in hell as I’m currently getting back and sorted after some injuries. The entire of Sundays 104km was spent trying to avoid hills 🙁

onehundredthidiot

25% done but struggling after an off on Saturday when I banged up knee and elbow. It was easy in the alps last year. OH is annoyed as she’s back shift until Wednesday day shift Sat Sun and has a skills day on Friday so won’t get it even though she’s had the last two.

c_klein87

I had planned to this, but my first 24hr solo is Saturday, I need to rest!

chris-noble-mtb.blogspot.co.uk/

finbar
    Free Member

I did 2650 metres round Derbyshire/Staffordshire yesterday, but unfortunately I’m back daahhn sssarrrf now so unless I do endless reps of Bison Hill this isn’t going to happen.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

29% so far, did a couple of hill reps early Sat and then a decent run yesterday. I predict a few dull loops locally to keep things ticking along, but I’m trying to make things more of a ride.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

57% so far in one ride.
    Hoping to finish it off tomorrow-luckily for us we’re in the Pyrenees at the moment, so shouldn’t be much of a problem!

D0NK

23%, would have been more but they “robbed” me of 1200ft after having a rethink about sunday’s ride.
    Not confident, going to have to knock commuting on the head and dig out the road bike to finish it I reckon.

Deveron53
    Free Member

How many are doing it mostly off road?

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

How many are doing it mostly off road?

It’ll be a mixture of both for me. Did the Borrowdale bash on Sunday and I’ll be back up to the lakes next Sunday mtbing. During this week I’ll be on the road bike going up some hills, then down some hills x God knows how many times..

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve got 900 mtrs to go, cleared off 1489 today and ended the ride approaching the van with a rear puncture. Think the bike is telling me something.

Keep going, it’s knackering but fun and something to chase even if you don’t do all of it.

None of mines off road. 8)

mooman
    Free Member

Another 1500m ticked off today. Just getting over a cold – so been a bit tougher than it should really have been.

julianwilson
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog – Member
    I’m hoping I can knock the whole thing off in one ride soloing 24/12… it sort of makes sense.

Strava says last year’s race was 728 feet per lap. So that’s almost 40 laps!

crazy-legs

A bit over half way there now, just finished a ride, all pretty local, got in 1200m of climbing on the CX.

I’ll try and get in a more rolling road ride tomorrow and then have Wednesday off.

dobo
    Free Member

i did 780m over 50km and that was the hilliest route i could imagine up on the road without duplication in hampshire.
    I’ve not joined this challenge as i have no hope of finishing really as i dont ride every day..but it boggles my mind some of these elevations

DT78
    Free Member

hmmm. 50 mile ride tonight with a few hill reps, and a gentle 35 the day before. 13% complete. Going to take some serious commitment or a few days off work and a trip to wales to do this one 🙁

bob_summers

Hmm. I didn’t realise it had started ’til today, so joined up to find I’m already almost halfway! Was supposed to be having a week off the bike but might not be able to resist the lure of the “roundel” 😆

AlasdairMc

36% through, with only tomorrow, Friday and one weekend day to find 5600m. I’m working though so it’ll have to be repeats of Pentlands hills for me after work, and a beast of a ride over the weekend. However, I do really want to get this to get my climbing legs back again…

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Etape Pennines gave me a 2200m head start on Saturday, lost a day to the car either side, then 800m of hill reps this morning.

5800m to find over the next 5 days. It’s looking daunting in the flat south.

onehundredthidiot

Anyone else adding the extra 48m just so they can summit Everest?

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Lovely evening here so managed to get out for few hours – started off with a hilly route then finished off with some hill repeats. There were 3 others on the same hill going up and down too so it added a bit of a competitive element, trying to catch the guy in front while remaining ahead of the guy behind. So much for my pacing strategy!

Now up to about 6500.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Only have 3500m so far, will need to get a couple of big days in to make it.

AlasdairMc

I hit the halfway mark tonight, with 1300m over two rides, and 2000m yesterday over two rides.

Days off the bike tomorrow and Thursday, so I need an early start on Friday morning and then some brutal climbs on the way home to put me anywhere near completing this.

However, even after only three days on it, I can feel my climbing improving as my legs aren’t hurting as much.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Did 55miles with 4600ft/1400mtr of climbing today, more of the same tomorrow . 34% completed up to now so I’m fairly confidant I’ll get to 8800mtr. Well, as long as my legs last 😳

richpips
    Free Member

We were out tonight. What gorgeous weather.

37% done now.

crazy-legs

2/3rds of the way now thanks to another 1250m on the road bike last night, stunning evening to be out. Day off today. 🙂

Hoping the weather stays reasonable for the rest of this week.

findo_gask
    Free Member

41% at the mo. Not sure I’ll have the time or the legs to complete. Probably need at least 2000m on Sunday to get it done – but I’m off to the commie games that day.

oldgit
    Free Member

Dates are no good for me. Did over 9000 metres the second week of July and not about to do that again.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

114% so all done now.
    Going out again this morning to top it up & my last ride while it’s open.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Rapha Rising’ is closed to new replies.