Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rapha – nice but worth it?
  • marko75
    Free Member

Somehow managed to visit the Rapha website – the gear looks v. nice but a bit pricey. Is it worth it?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Probably not, but if you like it, then why not?

noteeth
    Free Member

What’s your Big Hairy Audacious Goal?

Recognising that there was no credible brand for road-cyclists…. Rapha aimed to develop a branding campaign which “spoke to the 5% who know and intrigued the 90% who didn’t know”

(FWIW, it’s nice kit – and before this thread descends into the usual pro/anti stuff – I’m all for anything that gets people spending money on bike stuff… but that doesn’t mean that the marketing stuff isn’t funny. 😀 )

singlespeedstu

Some of it is some of it isn’t.

Lasts well and fit’s well though.

marko75
    Free Member

due to its price I was thinking it was a birthday thing….could always stay with DHB

MoreCashThanDash

Lasts well, looks better than most – if you like it and can afford it, buy it. Anyone who wants to have a go at you for that probably has a chip on their shoulder.

fwiw, all my Rapha stuff – except some socks – has come off ebay at similar prices to what I’d pay for dhb or Endura kit.

I was looking at the Rapha Sky kit in Evans the other day – given that they have doe three different “levels” of replica kit, some of the middle level kit actually looked quite a good buy, given the two companies behind it!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Is it worth it? I think it’s quite reasonably priced for what you get as there’s similar quality kit out there for more and less money. I’ve got a couple of their jerseys and I really like them. Feels like quality, fits nicely, and is good on a ride.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rapha – nice but worth it?’ is closed to new replies.