Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 221 total)
  • Rapha Festive 500 – Are you in?
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ which one, there’s 2?

I’ve done both, both are excellent, not sure I’ll be in Town but if I am I’ll join you 😀

martinxyz
    Free Member

Even with last years weather being pretty good (apart from day 1) I have never been so bored on a bike. Getting up late and doing most of it in the dark didn’t help.

Sandwich

The assumption is that it should all be road miles, but I’m planning on throwing some off-road in as I couldn’t see any rules forbidding them. (Unless anyone has a link).

crazy-legs

The assumption is that it should all be road miles, but I’m planning on throwing some off-road in as I couldn’t see any rules forbidding them. (Unless anyone has a link).

I’ve done it on my CX in the past, mix of road and off-road miles.
    I think it’s been done as solely off-road miles in the past – probably somewhere that wasn’t a British winter…

13thfloormonk

I had planned some fireroad miles on my CX bike. Seems legit as it will be the same bike I’m doing my road miles on!

terrahawk
    Free Member

you can do them all offroad if you want. I think what constitutes “a road” varies throughout the world anyway.

Sandwich

After all the planning I have festive chest infection. So I’m out this year. (Festive as there’s glitter in the sputum 🙂 )

DT78
    Free Member

Well my road bike is still sat in a depot in Germany, so I think I’m out too 🙁

richpips
    Free Member

We’re setting off in a couple of hours time. 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

A chap in Japan has done 390km already. 😯

bikebouy
    Free Member

Did 67k on the CX’er yesterday so I’m claiming that. It’s hanging up still covered in Mud, clothes still covered in Mud and when I go out later I’ll once again be covered in Mud.

Dude 8)

adsh
    Free Member

Failed first early morning start. Warm bed and incipient manbola

crazy-legs

83.4km done – a ride up round Regent’s Park this morning, then down to the Rapha Café and out for a couple of laps of Richmond Park.

Given that I arrived in London at 2am, that’s not bad going! Day off tomorrow unless it really is too nice to waste the opportunity.

Just looking at some of the other rides listed, one guy in NZ has done 326km in just one ride! 😯

bikebouy
    Free Member

Another 73ks done on the CX’er in super sunny South Hampshire.

It’s sooooo sunny here I’m tempted to go back out 😆

richpips
    Free Member
    Sandwich

Not jealous, oh no not at all. Possible late start in Bristol at the weekend. Man flu is abating or it could be the effects of a third of a bottle of Glenlivet while in the office.

DT78
    Free Member

Frame arrived this morning! After a furious 90min build got out and did my first 50miles. Lovely out there. New bike is fast. It is not comfy. Numb bits. Next 250 miles will be fun 🙂

OmarLittle
    Free Member

100k for me, pleased with that. First half of it was into a headwind, the return journey much more pleasant!

crazy-legs

Two guys in Singapore has just done it in one go…
    First did 524km, second did 514km.

Quite happy with my 83km today thanks!

mtbmatt
    Free Member

178km done. Pretty windy out there, but nicer weather than last year if I remember right.

jonk

I’m doing mine all offroad this year – done 77km today wet and muddy but great fun.

Spud

A pitiful 24km for me to start today, the commute to work. Back on it on Boxing Day.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I’m giving it a punt for the first time – two rides (the first at 5am today before work) and 85km so far, so a little bit ahead of schedule. I’ll see how it goes…

jonk – that sounds like a great way to do it; and pretty impressive too!

stevious

I’m 138km down. Hard won kms in sleet, hail and high winds, but some beautiful sights to be seen today.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

pretty epic way of doing a big chunk of it

http://www.strava.com/activities/232917159

crazy-legs

I’m a third of the way in now, two rides done. It was really cold out first thing this morning!
    Got a big ride planned for tomorrow then see what the weather is doing the rest of the week and I’ll fit it in round that.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Half way for me now. 2 rides on the CX’er and one (today) on the roadie. Started out very cold and frosty then the predicted thaw came and it started to drizzle, lucky by then I was 25ks from home and didn’t suffer to badly.

Bikes cleaned, just about to shower then making a late Christmas Lunch for us two.

Yay!

Out tomorrow unless it’s pissing down..

crazy-legs

Just over halfway now. Today’s ride wasn’t as long as planned due to the wind – no matter which way we went it seemed to be a headwind and a very cold one at that!

But we avoided the rain! 🙂

c_klein87

75% through now, will do the rest on the xc bike i think, hamstrings are seizing up! been lucky with the weather this year

http://chris-noble-mtb.blogspot.co.uk

bikebouy
    Free Member

111 clicks today, blooming lovely sunny but blustery windy day down here on the Coast. A jolly jaunt into the Downs and a hack over to Chichester Racecourse then home through East/West Meon and a blast with the wind behind me all the way down the A32 until I hit the Sea..

Phew 8)

richpips
    Free Member

We’ve retired as both of us are ill.

bikebouy
    Free Member

😥

Awe, get well soon. Always love reading about your exploits..

richpips
    Free Member

Awe, get well soon. Always love reading about your exploits..

Thanks. A tough decision to make. We need some r+r before strathpuffer though.

DT78
    Free Member

Sorry to hear you won’t finish it this year. It’s a lot nicer weather than last year too… still a massive struggle to fit in the time with family commitments.

61% complete so far, but the only way I can finish is morning starts and risking the ice 🙁

crazy-legs

349km done which leaves a nice round 161km / 100 miles to do.
    Contemplating doing it in one go, be nice to finish it off with a bang.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Only 67ks for me today, takes me to 403. Planned Salisbury Plain CX event scuppered by unannounced family gathering otherwise I’da done a little more on the CX’er… 🙄
    I’ll do the rest over the next couple of days in East Hampshire near Steep, climbing intervals again.. I will be looking forward to a rollout for sure.. 😆

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I’m at 391km done – resorted to the 456 this morning in an attempt to embrace the ice… then back on the Tripster to churn round the main roads at sunset tonight. Fog forecast for tomorrow, so will probably just click round a few more miles and finish up strong on Tue / Wed.

Major credit to anyone doing the big rides in the cold – mine’s been done over 9 rides so far but grinding it out for hours on end deserves a cloth badge at the very least 🙂

plus-one

I work in miles 🙂

Only got 155 miles in bag but will finish it off no probs .. Can’t beat a few big mile panic rides 😉

mooman
    Free Member

132 km left .. a road ride and a mtb ride will finish it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

All done, didn’t expect to clear it today but surprising finish to the last 43ks..
    Set off early for a stint in the Downs, route planned took me up to Romsey, Stockbridge down through the Wallops and back into the heartland, then a stint through Bishops Waltham and home.. The last 40 odd ks I was joined by a lad on an Argon 18 Track Bike running Fixie 46/16, bloody lovely thing it was, hard as nails on the Downs so he says and I can beleive that 😆 so conversation ensued, turns out he’s riding from Basingstoke to Portsmouth, does this on the fixie most days of the week to go to work.. So we joined up and had a bloody great laugh chasing each other up/down and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves in the cold, clear sunshine. What a fitting end.

Recovery food:

&

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 221 total)

The topic ‘Rapha Festive 500 – Are you in?’ is closed to new replies.