Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 221 total)
  • Rapha Festive 500 – Are you in?
  • mrmo
    Free Member

boxer if you want i’ll forward you mine?

DT78
    Free Member

I didn’t get the email either I just followed the link on the challenge page, go to the comments.

Yep I like the look of the jersey too, and is always need more cycling tops, I’ve already got plenty of tshirts. I,m just a bit pissed as I’d planned to buy it as a souvenir of my first successful challenge….

boxxer7
    Free Member

It’s just come into my inbox, thanks for the offer though!

richpips
    Free Member

“The Return of the Notorious Minipips”

http://www.rapha.cc/festive-best-part-one

mooman
    Free Member

Who is in this year?

ton

i might give that a go. got a few days off.

hammy7272
    Free Member

Yep, had to do 113 miles on NYE last time. Did it, came home ordered a pizza and fell asleep at 12:01.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

got christmas eve off this year, feels like it needs a pre christmas smash, at least 100km, christmas day/boxing day are no go here, really, unless its cycling to my ma’s house, a 100 milers, and 2 days commuting might see it off,

shedbrewed
    Free Member

mooman – Member

Who is in this year?
    Yes, hopefully no ambulance ride to hospital this year but I’m booked in for operation on 5th Jan anyway…Might try and hook up with you if you fancied it for a ride?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup me too. I’ve got a few weeks off so expect to do a little more than 500. What I shoulddo is create something special rather than just Hack..

Hmmm… 😉

AlasdairMc

I’m in this year – will be perfect timing for some Puffer training. My best laid plans last year fell apart and I gave up, so I’m hoping that by having someone else up for it I’ll put the miles in. All MTB I think.

legolam
    Free Member

Must not sign up. Must not sign up. Must not sign up.

DT78
    Free Member

I’m in. Just hope the weather is okay for it, and I get my road bike back in time.

crazy-legs

I saw Richpips earlier this evening. Predictably, he’d already signed up for it with Minipips but at least he reminded me to sign up.

Strava then sent out an auto-notification thing on my Twitter saying ‘I’ve just signed up for the Festive 500, who’s in?’ which got a reply from simondbarnes saying something along the lines of ‘sod off’!

🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

This is tempting.

benji
    Free Member

I’m in, going to try and do all my mileage on 42:16 gearing, should be an interesting 8 days, 4 of which I’m off work the other 4 I’m at work.

Sue_W
    Free Member

I’m in!

Thinking of having some meaning to the rides rather than just mile munching. Maybe do my “favourite local routes of 2014”, or ride out to the best cafés for a mince pie tasting competition 🙂

Although being as I’m based in Snowdonia it might be “sheltering from gales and rain” rides!

ton

i dont do strava. can i do it on trust. i am not a kinda of bloke to kid my self and say i have done summant when i aint.

it will all add to my 500 miles a month total, which is all good.

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ of course you can, we are a trusting bunch 😀

I’ll be recording mine on my Garmin 8)

mooman
    Free Member

mooman – Member
    Who is in this year?

Yes, hopefully no ambulance ride to hospital this year but I’m booked in for operation on 5th Jan anyway…Might try and hook up with you if you fancied it for a ride?

Be good that Thom. Hopefully try to do it in 4-5 rides. If weather allows of course ..

bob_summers

In as usual, and again with only 3 or 4 days to do it. Which means Christmas dinner in a petrol station for the third year running.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have family commitments.. I wonder if I could do it in three rides..?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not a chance unless there is a turbo equivalent 🙁

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Im in, it has quickly become part of christmas tradition for me alongside watching It’s a Wonderful Life and devouring my own body weight in lindt chocolate reindeer!

dazh

Got the entire extended family staying for about a week over christmas so I’ll be so bloody desperate to get away from them I’m definitely in. It’s Puffer training too so might try to do it all off-road, which will be highly dependent on the weather.

njee20
    Free Member

I have family commitments.. I wonder if I could do it in three rides..?

Of course you can, three 103 mile rides!

That said… I’m not doing it!

13thfloormonk

I’m in (in spirit at least, haven’t officially signed up yet). Will spend most of that period at my parents, lots of options including a loop through Glen Coe and some nice Argyll ‘gravel’ loops that I want to try on my Salsa.

Could top it off with a pedal from Oban to my girlfriend’s in Dunblane, bit tedious between Dalmally and Glen Ogle but some good miles.

richpips
    Free Member

It’ll be Minipips 3rd #festive500. Good training for Strathpuffer eh.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Oh is it only 500km? Thought it was miles. I guess it is American.

finbar
    Free Member

I’m already planning mine. I don’t want to do the same last year (500km, five days) so this year I’m going to aim for 500 miles. Will be doing 150 on Christmas Eve, then see what happens from there.

Oh is it only 500km? Thought it was miles. I guess it is American continental.

Corrected that for you. In road cycling, never use an English word when a French one will do.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yes yes I know, #24.

aim for 500 miles

A Festive 804.672.

c_klein87

Think i’ll skip it this year, just take my xc bike hope to resist the temptation! will do more running and swimming instead!

crazy-legs

aim for 500 miles

I’ve been meaning to do that for a while. Last year I could probably have sorted it, I’d done 320 miles (520km) by 30th December but then just had NYE and NYD off!

Need a bit more #mtfu 😉

adsh
    Free Member

I’m aiming for half on my XC bike on the road and harmonious family relations.

njee20
    Free Member

I guess it is American.

They use miles…? 😕

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

mrblobby
    Free Member

I guess it is American.
    They use miles…?

It gets worse 😕 Apologies, I’m blaming my kids and a lack of sleep.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Righty ho, I’ve got three ride parcour sorted out, 2 CX’er and 1 roadie. I’ll be keeping an eager eye on the weather.

Anyone fancy doing Raphas “three days of Yorkshire” ? I have the GPX files 😀

timb34
    Free Member

I’m in. I think I can do it with 3 big rides and a few short ones…

cycles-goff
    Free Member

I shall be riding the Rapha hell of the north type ride out of North London over that week if anybody fancies joining me to get lost up some farm track in the drizzle.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 221 total)

The topic ‘Rapha Festive 500 – Are you in?’ is closed to new replies.