Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 221 total)
  • Rapha Festive 500 – Are you in?
  • podman
    Free Member

Just got in from 50 road miles, which makes 36% through overall. Riding with a friend tomorrow so doubt I’ll get more than 20 miles, it’s going to be a busy weekend if I have any hope of completing!

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Job done in 3 rides. Part of me wants to keep going to stay up high on the leaderboard, but I’m not sure if I can be bothered with that.

richpips
    Free Member

Nice one Matt. 🙂

No cycling today but we went for a run instead.

10 miles left now on the other Strava challenge. 😉

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Getting there. Back pain giving me loads of gyp mind. Might have to take a day off and try more miles on some other days.

c_klein87

over half way, bit bored of road riding, but floods and lack of time mean xc riding is tricky, will finish saturday hopefully

http://chris-noble-mtb.blogspot.co.uk

llama

1 ride / 35k in

Massive eh?

Should do 100k tomorrow

Tbh I don’t expect to get to 500 but I’ll see how close I get

souldrummer
    Free Member

Managed another 27 miles yesterday, again dodging floods and trees. At this rate there’s no way I will complete it, especially as I have more family stuff to do at the weekend. Still; at least we’re trying!!

crazy-legs

Went out today with one of the organised rides from the Rapha Cycle Club in London. 10 of us, really good group. Out to Windsor and back, head/cross wind all the way out, nice wind-assisted run back. 95 miles (and no, I wasn’t tempted to add in an extra 5 miles on the way home!)

Takes me up to 360km so 72% done.
    Racing tomorrow (just a winter crit) then I’ll have a couple of days off and finish it off with a 100km on NYE.

simonbowns
    Free Member

had hoped to hit 50odd km this morning for the commute in, gave in when I hit the wind up high, turned back home to manage half that. Bike’s in the van ready to get some miles in on the way home though….

bikebouy
    Free Member

A long wet and windy ride for me doing the Nidderdale loop and back to Harrogate across the moors and down between the reservoirs. Bloody wet and cold at one point and flipping windy but another 119ks in the bank, I will sleep well tonight.

richpips
    Free Member

We’re just over halfway there now.

Todays miles were hard won.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Awesome stuff richpips and minipips, keep it up!

DT78
    Free Member

46% through…3 days to go. It’ll be close given I’ve got lots of family stuff to do too…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Another 61ks around Armscliff Cragg & Ilkley Moor & back, lovely and bright, chilly with sweaty socks steaming by the open fire 😛

legolam
    Free Member

I’ve got to average almost 80k for the next 3 days but I’m cautiously optimistic at this point (depends whether or not I have to go to work on the 31st). I’m more concerned about the fact that 8/10 toes are a dusky purple colour with no sensation! It’s been a tad chilly this week…

richpips
    Free Member

Knocked a few miles off both challenges today.

crazy-legs

Was just this second looking at your stats Rich; I’ve just uploaded today’s ride (well, race…) and I’ve got 87km left to do.

Day off tomorrow for some of that family stuff that I’m apparently supposed to do at this time of year… 😉

richpips
    Free Member

Was just this second looking at your stats Rich; I’ve just uploaded today’s ride (well, race…) and I’ve got 87km left to do.

Day off tomorrow for some of that family stuff that I’m apparently supposed to do at this time of year…

87K left, you’ve earned a day off. 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

I’m doing it in a hilly, local sort of way with a bit of added singlespeed – 400km so far. A mellow 150km today with 3000m of climbing finishing over Holme Moss. I’m thinking of moving somewhere flatter… 😉

adsh
    Free Member

100k at 4.30am this morning took me to 40%. Either I wake up early again tomorrow and ma age 150k or I admit defeat :(. The challenge for me was to do it without spoiling things for the family so no alarms and no riding past 9am.

twinklydave

For some reason I’m not enjoying it as much as last year when I did the imperial version. 175km to go, might just nip out and finish it/get rid of it hanging over me on Monday.

Bring on some more climbing challenges 🙂

souldrummer
    Free Member

No riding yesterday as I had more family stuff to attend, but I’m off out again today once the worst of the frost disappears; don’t fancy coming off on some icy back lanes. Not sure how far I’ll do but will hopefully get a couple of hours in.

bikebouy
    Free Member

That’s another, all be it short, 22ks … Edging ever closer.

simonbowns
    Free Member

I’m at 300km as of yesterday – had hoped to get up early to fit in a couple of hours this morning, but a gig last night well and truly put paid to that! Working right through has made this whole challenge more than a little difficult.

May still try for 100km days Mon and Tues – we’ll see.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Just done another 40 miles which was lovely in the sunshine but it was fairly cold, and once the wind got up it was more of a struggle. Definitely won’t complete it but its been fun trying.

mrmo
    Free Member

at 338kms, but working the next two days. Will be tight.

mooman
    Free Member

486km done so far. Sunny tomoz .. so its as good as done.

finbar
    Free Member

Finished lunchtime today. Five days, five rides, 522km with 7048km of climbing.

My legs felt rough on day three but I was fine today.

DT78
    Free Member

334 km / 66% through…so 2 50 milers in the next 2 days and I should be there. Winds of 30mph for Mon & Tues will make it interesting

Very saddle sore though, most road riding I’ve done in a week!

richpips
    Free Member

Well done finbar.

75% done now for us.

finbar
    Free Member

Thanks Richpips. Looks like a heroic effort from your lad! I rode down the A57 and past Ladybower this morning too.

richpips
    Free Member

I saw three people today in various places that I know are doing the challenge 😉

A grand day to be out.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Missed a couple of days so have had to play catch up, up to 70% now so hopefully be able to finish it.

Struggled big time yesterday – about 50 miles in to a 70 mile ride i was tired, cold, wet and miserable then the hail started and what followed was the hardest hour on the bike this year. By the time i got back home i was all ready to chuck cycling never mind the festive 500 challenge. However by the morning was raring to go again!

martinxyz
    Free Member

That’s me on 386k. It’s worked out that they’re all solo and just about all done in the dark so I’m happy with that. Got a 139k night ride in last night as I was starting to twitch and another 53k this eve. Easy rides from now on but it’s hella boring!

BadlyWiredDog

i’m on 468km now having done 68km on the mountain bike today. My legs were unimpressed, but it was a fantastic day in the Peak and I started off on a group ride with nice folk, then bumped into a few more on the way home. All good until my forks stopped moving up and down.

I’m slightly amused by observing myself clocking up miles and pondering the differences between riding the bike to ride the bike and riding the bike to score comedy brownie points on an online challenge. Mostly it has taught me that I am ridiculous and seem incapable of devising a flattish route – so far I seem to have climbed something like 9,300 metres on a mix of road bike, cross bike and mountain bike.

Plan is to sneak out for a couple of hours on the road over something scenic, maybe Holme Moss out and back, before New Year, preferably when it’s dry. Or at least wet but sunny. Another 700m of climbing would be nice too, but not sure I can be arsed.

Impressed, as ever, by Minipips’s appetite for miles. Love the Old Hall pic 🙂

podman
    Free Member

60 miles around Regents park yesterday and 80 this morning have brought me to 407km, should hopefully be achievable!

Hurting quite a lot at the moment, I think I’ve pretty much doubled my year’s miles in the last three weeks. Oww.

richpips
    Free Member

Nice one BWD you need to visit the White Peak flatlands we’ve done half of your climbing. 😉

crazy-legs

Huh, the weather is shit. 🙁

Oh well, best get on with it!

c_klein87

all done now, although i’ll probably go out tmrw morning, weather isn’t so nice down south now though

MarkSS
    Free Member

All solo road miles(!) so far. 67km to go & about to brave the gale force winds.

Had an off Saturday night when i couldn’t see a curb alongside the road.

Fairly daft really…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 221 total)

The topic ‘Rapha Festive 500 – Are you in?’ is closed to new replies.