Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rapha cyclocross at Shibden park
  • rattie79
    Free Member

I know someone has already started a thread about the race this weekend but I can’t seem to find it, I’ve only ever been in one cx race which was the morvelo city cross event at the piece hall in 2013.
    I really enjoyed it, but feel if I enter this I may die. Is it mega serious? Will I be pointed and laughed at? Just collapse and cark it? Anyone else doing it? Thoughts? Tar

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve done a Rapha Supercross and they’re not particularly serious.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I did last years at Broughton Hall and it was a blast. Yes there were the elites but the vast majority were there for a good hard fun race. Depending on your age/ability you can choose to enter the race most suited to you and then concentrate on you’re own riding, do your best, have a laugh and see where you come.
    There’s so much else going on with stands and eateries that you’ll not be bored for one minute, go watch the elites hack around and pick up some skills.
    I guarantee you’ll enjoy the experience and no one, and I mean no one will point and laugh at you, invariably you’ll be encouraged and supported, you may even make new friends.

Top event, very well organised and supported with a vast array of abilities.

eddie11
    Free Member

What bikebouy said basically.

postierich
    Free Member

Was going to spectate, would they let me on with a single speed mtb

Rich

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

That’s the beauty of cross racing, run what you brung. You can ride pretty much whatever you like.

bikebouy
    Free Member

postierich – Member
    Was going to spectate, would they let me on with a single speed mtb

Rich

If you are serious then ask the Clerk of the course. Wide bars in a closed confined taped off arena can be a PITA among other riders, the Clerk will know the scale and entry list and make an informed decision. If you are interested in racing then there is a fun category with a foam bath and tequila slug fest on each lap.

Oh, thats another thing, the Fun Race, I’ve seen some very overweight Mums take on their skinny Sons in this and you want to see the competitive nature come out in both groups!! Hilarious.
    You can enter that, it’s a blast, you’ll get very foamy and if you try too hard to win it invariably the Kids hanging around the foam will spot you and then proceed to target/bombard you with foam…take heed.

Those in London the 14th of Nov is the event up near Earls Court this year, in/around the Uni and park there.. You can enter, places limited, but I can only think this will be one of the best events in a long time. Sprinting through the Uni grounds out into open park then back again… Gonna be Ace. 8)

brakes
    Free Member

Those in London the 14th of Nov is the event up near Earls Court this year, in/around the Uni and park there..

It’s Kings Cross – round near Granary Sq. I’m in and doing it on an MTB. The stipulations on bikes are a lot broader for this event – 2 brakes, 2 wheels or something.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rapha cyclocross at Shibden park’ is closed to new replies.