Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rapha Core bibshorts – any owners?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Enough about the EU, let’s argue about Rapha….

So, I have a 20% off voucher from the survey and I need some new bibshorts. I like Rapha stuff but only ever buy it in sales. I’m sensing a convergence in the Force.

Are the Core bibshorts good enough to justify £80? And do they fit the shorter, chunkier rider? I’m XL for waist, less so the rest of me.

Haters gonna hate etc

legend
    Free Member

Just got a set, used em twice and all seems good and comfortable. Good leg grippers, pads good, materials aren’t sophisticated but they are very comfy. Mine are a size small though, so can’t help with the XL question

eddie11
    Free Member

They are very good. I’d say they are better than their next one up.

MoreCashThanDash

I’d say they are better than their next one up.

Interesting given the price difference.

bensales
    Free Member

Ordered some, wasn’t impressed, sent them back in favour of more Classics.

Didn’t like the ‘gripper’, cut was a bit strange, and they felt thin and cheap. Much happier with the Classics.

Oh, and I ordered XL Core shorts and they came up smaller than my XL Classics. Also ordered a Core jersey at the same time, and had a similar experience with it. Bought more Classic jerseys.

iainc

I ordered large Classics and Large Core. The Classics were a bit baggy, the Core fitted well apart from the leg grippers being baggy. Now waiting for medium Brevets, others have gone back.

Liked the cut and feel of the Core though and chamois is same as Classics

bob_summers

I like the cores. They are very similar to dhb ASV Race and I’d maybe not buy the Raphas over those. The material is thin as mentioned, and the grippers are so sticky you feel like you could tear it when trying to get them on. I could see how they could be baggy at that point if you wear the gripper close to the knee, but on me at least they fit well around the thigh.

legend
    Free Member

I just turn bottom of the legs inside out when putting them on (same with all my lycra shorts) not point in fighting the things that are trying to hold onto your legs!

Are those that are finding the material thin er……. giving them a bit of a stretch? Mine feel absolutely fine. No issues with baggy grippers on the gunz either

iainc

I think I found the grippers baggy as I have short legs so they sat a bit lower than some others. 12 stone 2, 34 waist, 5ft 10, bought a Large based on size charts.

The Core ones were tighter overall than same sized Classic and Brevet

mrmo
    Free Member

got a set, used them on a few rides and no issue, used them on a 130mile ride and started to notice a seam in the middle of the pad about 100miles in. got very annoying!

karnali
    Free Member

Having a similar idea anyone compared the core short to the team sky replica bib shorts for the same price?

MoreCashThanDash

There’s enough fat MAMILs wesring replica Sky kit in this world, which is why I was looking at the Core bibshorts instead. 😳

karnali
    Free Member

Ah ok maybe I’ll try the core’s then, should I ever gain considerable weight I may look at the sky replica’s.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Morecash 😀

Here is @ianc’s thread from a few weeks ago linky

Sadly I don’t have a voucher but I am considering the Core’s as a treat and also the £50 Tenn’s. Mine will be worn under baggies so colour not an essential factor (Tenns too leery for me otherwise)

MoreCashThanDash

Cheers Jamba, that was useful

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rapha Core bibshorts – any owners?’ is closed to new replies.