Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Rapha article in guardian…..
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Pure wqool does but if you mix merino with the right amount of polyester and lycra, it becomes very very good indeed.

I have a Helly Hansen base layer like that. It shrank after a while, too tight to wear now. And no I didn’t get fatter 🙂

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Goes baggy when wet, doesn’t wear well, costs more. Not seeing the advantages.

Not the stuff I own…

I have a Helly Hansen base layer like that. It shrank after a while, too tight to wear now. And no I didn’t get fatter

LIFA kit? It’s bloody excellent. Have three.

dragon
    Free Member

I never get why Rapha get the hate they do compared to Castelli or Assos which you never hear people slagging in the same way

It’s because the latter were about quality kit for cycling first and style second, Rapha from the start were the other way around.

An aside on DHB vs Rapha shorts, they both use internal pads come from the same supplier (at least on DHB’s higher end shorts).

molgrips
    Free Member

Not the stuff I own…

Smartwool and Icebreaker both did it. Althogh haven’t worn the smartwool one much since it’s wool, and short sleeved. If it’s cold enough for reasonably thick wool then it’s also cold enough for long sleeves innit? Silly.

scotroutes

No I think it’s you that seems to have the issue. Is everyone you see wearing Rapha a tosser in your opinion?

I was very careful to point out that the ads themselves are enough to solicit a strong negative opinion, but if the over-priced cap fits……

shredlyjoe82
    Free Member

@dragon you have a very good point here. Personally, I don’t wear Rapha but not saying I wouldn’t either if I found the right product. The issue I have with a lot of brands is that lots of brands manufacture in the same factories on the same lines using the same pads, it is just sold to us differently.

We just pick how much disposable income we have and how much we would like to pay and how much markup we want to give the brand back in profit. If Rapha works for you wear it, if not the either support some of the smaller brands or buy online from DHB etc etc I guess the market is suffering from too much choice.. 😐

aP
    Free Member

I have “a selection” of rapha clothing, but my current favourite cycling brand is Pedal Ed. Sometimes I’ll even wear clothing from more than 2 different brands at the same time.

eddie11
    Free Member

So much anger and baggage in this thread.

In roadie terms raphas branding is pretty humdrum. What about attaquer, mapp, PAS normal studios etc. then? If Rapha causes so much frustration they must be off the Richter scale

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

If it’s cold enough for reasonably thick wool then it’s also cold enough for long sleeves innit? Silly.

I’ve got a howies top like that. Going the other way, it’s great this time of year. I’ve commuted and ridden in it first thing in the morning with arm warmers and a gilet, then stripped off the arms and gilet when it’s got warmer, and even upzipped if it gets too warm.

Yeah, it’s too hot for mid-summer, but otherwise it’s incredibly versatile, especially with a Coolmax vest underneath (a Castelli one, no less).

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve used it with arm warmers – if it’s warm enough to take them off, then it’s too warm for the top 🙂

Only time I wear it is when it’s quite cool in the winter and I put a base layer underneath. Don’t put anything heavy in the back pockets though as the wool stretches out and the pockets go floppy…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Only time I wear it is when it’s quite cool in the winter and I put a base layer underneath. Don’t put anything heavy in the back pockets though as the wool stretches out and the pockets go floppy…

😆

I suspect it’s time for you and it to part ways.

😉

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Rapha article in guardian…..’ is closed to new replies.