Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Rape
  • scotroutes

https://www.rt.com/news/hairdresser-turns-robber-into-sex-slave/
    Not highly probable, but it is possible……..
    [/quote]The law in the UK is quite clear.

Edukator
    Free Member

She’s a rocker, one of the best, writes great songs, sings greats, plays a Tele. Her quotes have always been quotable. ” Better be a prostitute than a butcher, hope the Muslims win… “.

“All these fifty-year-old guys wearing baseball caps and shorts and acting like children. It winds me up. Men don’t have to take responsibility anymore. Most of the guys I know would punch me on the nose for saying this, but maybe we do have to bring back conscription.”

and some others.

Anyhow I’m now aware she’s released a book and wouldn’t have been otherwise.

Go Chrissie !!!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okvl-9svtS0[/video]

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Just a story to highlight how different people think of this. I had a music PR company and at one point employed 8 people, all young ‘types’ who got themselves around the club scene etc etc. one of them was a figure head on the dub step/Grime scene. He was generally a liberal & level headed guy (well read Hitchens/Fry/Chomsky). A rapper friend of his was charged & convicted of serious sexual assault & under age sex with a girl that had got into a VIP area to mix with the bods there. She was drunk and said rapper took ‘advantage’ of her. This guy who worked for me couldn’t & wouldn’t see what his mate had done wrong (he knew she was underage) he and others were convinced it was ALL the girls fault and she shouldn’t have entered the VIP lounge if she didn’t know what was gonna happen to her. I eventually sacked him 🙂

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Whilst I completely condone rape and any sort of sexual assault (just incase we get into the drunk lesbian discussion…..)

In a scenario where a man and a woman are both drunk, go back to bed, naked, have sex, wake up the next morning, woman claims rape.

Is it fair that a woman can claim she was raped and could not consent because she was drunk? How is a male supposed to identify that a woman is too drunk to consent? Have men got to start breathalysing women?

nickc

Don’t have drunk sex with people?

retro83
    Free Member

daniel_owen_uk – Member
    Whilst I completely condone rape and any sort of sexual assault

Reported

theotherjonv

The point I struggle with is that a girl can consensually get drunk (ie without being unwillingly plied or Micky finned), go home with a guy who has got himself in the same situation, sex ensue, and then she can claim rape the next morning. And be deemed to be unable to give consent through intoxication and use that as a reason for why it’s rape.

Yet he cannot say that he’s not culpable either because by being intoxicated he was incapable of being able to determine that when she said yes last night, she wasn’t capable of meaning it.

I’m not saying it’s completely defensible but I struggle with why the act of willingly getting drunk is effectively the act that condemns him yet defends her?

Edukator
    Free Member

The Julian Assange case springs to mind. I assume “condone” was meant to read “condemn”, Daniel.

Edit: now I’ve found what I was looking for.

Assange is the exception (which suggests political motivation) a very low percentage of reported rapes end in conviction 5%according to this It seems in most cases any doubt benefits the rapist.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Can a womens behavior ever be seen as a mitigating factor?

No.

The victim’s behaviour might play a part in the perpetrator forming reasonable belief that the victim consented, in which case the crime of rape is not complete as the mens rea or guilty mind is not present.

But if the perpetrator did not reasonably believe that the victim consented, then the crime is complete, and however the victim acted or behaved is therefore irrelevant and provides no mitigation whatsoever.

It’s so straightforward that I suspect mitigation isn’t really what the writer meant.

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Reported

Genuine completely missed the “don’t” in that sentence.

nach
    Free Member

The only cause of rape is rapists, and that’s an encouraging bevy of nos at the start of the thread.

The rest of you, if you’d like to read some actual evidence instead of spewing paranoid hypothetical scenarios, here’s a CPS report (Which, warning, can make for some distressing reading if you get to the case studies). They put the amount of false accusations at just over 0.6%, and in that 0.6%, most cases are complicated by age, pre-existing abusive situations, and mental health issues.

Good bit of context I learned recently: false reports of car theft are around 2%

mogrim

No one else has mentioned false accusations, though, I’m not sure why you’re bringing that up – the discussion is about consent and whether or not the victim of a rape is always 100% blameless.

(And talking about two people having sex while drunk is hardly a “paranoid hypothetical scenario”, rather something that happens all over the UK every weekend.)

thegreatape
    Free Member

I think most arguments or disagreements on this topic boil down to semantics of the words used – blame, contributed, ‘asking for it’, responsible, partly responsible, whatever.

I have first hand experience of investigating cases where things the victim did created an opportunity for the rapist to rape them, and had they taken a different course of action that opportunity would not have arisen. I.E. their actions increased the risk. That the rapist chose to take that opportunity is, of course, the rapists’s fault, and no right minded person would ever think otherwise. However, whether through clumsiness or otherwise, people use different words when they talk about the victim’s actions or behaviour being a factor in what subsequently happens, and a poor choice of words can misrepresent what they’re trying to say, which is very rarely ‘they deserved it’.

CountZero

Mr Woppit – Member
    Also, interestingly from the point of view of the effect self-blame has on it’s victim, Chrissie always used to refer to her all-male band as girls, as in (before starting a song) “You ready, girls?”. Odd.

Your point is, caller? Try not to use words with too many syllables.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Burning, looting, raping and a shooting….

MrWoppit
    Free Member

” Better be a prostitute than a butcher, hope the Muslims win… “

My point.

Edukator
    Free Member

I fouled up the punctuation in that, sorry:

“Better be a prostitute than a butcher”,”hope the Muslims win”

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Rape’ is closed to new replies.