Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 613 total)
  • Raoul Moat/John Rambo
  • mtb_rossi
    Free Member

I very much doubt he has the ability to make a stand. Does he even have access to ammunition?

I think the police will take him down even if he so much as makes a gun shape with his fingers.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

epicyclo – Member
    So how did he get a gun?

Gun laws just don't work.

He didn't get it legally did he? He's just come out of prison, doubt he got one while he was in there. Might have got details of who could get him a gun.

Gun laws can work, they just can't cover all situations. Derrick Bird had a legally held weapon, just wasn't mad when he applied for his shotgun licence.

Harry_the_Spider

Well somebody had to say it…

With him being a ginger 48 hours of sun shine will have him buying some factor 50. The police should stake out Boots.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I can't escape the impression that all this palaver must be very satisfying for him. A narcissistic, paranoid idiot, convinced that the police are out to get him. Now hundreds of them are out to get him. He wants to kill policemen. They demonstrate how rattled they are by going completely OTT with armoured vehicles, snipers and great squads of them wandering about with machineguns. He despises them, they can't actually catch him, making him feel brave and clever and them look cowardly, inept and stupid.

I'm sure the tactic has been discussed and discarded, but if they just scaled it right back and waited for him to do something it would surely be harder for him. The adrenaline would go, it'd get boring, he'd start to wonder whether anyone actually noticed or was remotely bothered. The nagging sense that he might have done something monumentally stupid and didn't necessarily have to make it worse for everyone would perhaps have time to grow. Don't know. 😕

Woody
    Free Member

I think the police will take him down even if he so much as makes a gun shape with his fingers.

At least that will save the taxpayer some money after the £££££££ this must be costing in overtime.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I think he read too much Viz

Harry_the_Spider

Wannabe criminal mastermind perhaps?

Drac

lol Harry that's almost uncanny.

warton
    Free Member

If i was the chief copper I'd just call him a big pansy on national TV, thats should get him out

cranberry
    Free Member

but if they just scaled it right back and waited for him to do something it would suurely be harder for him

Eh? He has made clear his intention to attack police officers. If you scale things back, and give up actively hunting for him he can pick and choose when to attack and when to hide/run. He could also commit more armed robberies, have access to criminal associates for support and have access to future victims.

Drac

Yeah scale right back that's a great idea especially when he's now threatening the public.

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

He's probably in Rio by now. 😀

BigDummy
    Free Member

Oh indeed. But (a) he might well not, and (b) if he did something else they would then know where he was, which at present they clearly don't.

It's interesting the police are now claiming he is a threat to the general public rather than just the police, but won't say why they think that.

Drac

b) if he did something else they would then know where he was

Great plan. Hey lads all carry on as normal one of you might get shot and killed but at least we know where he is then.

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

I can see it now, all the cops dressed in civvies slowing walking down the road, whistling nonchalant. lol

yossarian
    Free Member

It's interesting the police are now claiming he is a threat to the general public rather than just the police, but won't say why they think that.

justification of the response. this is only going to end with a marksman putting some rounds into him. After the whitehaven shootings the police must be crapping themselves about another member of the public getting twatted.

woody2000

What they need is a bait officer to draw him out, then blam!

Aristotle
    Free Member

surely these chaps could go for a ramble around the area?

I suspect that it might be more effective than snipers!

Drac

How would they see him?

Aristotle
    Free Member

by using The Force, of course

BigDummy
    Free Member

It's not a decision I'd care to be making Drac, I agree. However, at the moment they haven't found him, and are using huge resources from several places. If, say, someone who isn't a police officer dies in Brixton because a great load of firearms officers from London are playing special forces on the Northumbrian moors hunting a man who might kill a police officer, that would also be a consequence of tactical decisions about how to do this.

Anyway, I very much hope they find him soon, and also that they are able to arrest him without anyone else getting hurt.

Drac

I'm pretty sure they haven't used all the armed officers from London though. There's not normal patrols going on around here and we still got a good response to 2 incidents we requested them too the other night. In fact for once they were there before us.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Cant we just set fire to the woods and burn him to death. I would chip in a tenner to watch that.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Oh, I'm sure they haven't, no. I was trying to think over what all this must be like for him, and I do think he must be loving it, and that it's not going to end very well. But I agree, any other response is probably too risky to be seriously contemplated.

Drac

Guys a freakin nutter doubt he's thinking straight if he was he'd give himself up.

My Borther's 15 seconds of fame, subtitles may be required.

http://www.itv.com/tynetees/rothbury-on-alert77398/

IanMunro
    Free Member

I went to a pub at lunchtime which had a telly on sky 24hr news or similar. Muted thankfully. But about every 10 seconds a latest update : RAOUL STILL NOT CAUGHT! would appear across the bottom of the screen.
    The landlady then proceeded to go round the pub asking if it was ok to turn up the sound for a police news conference to find out if he'd been caught.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Anyone see Gadget'scomments on the (Temporary Chief Constable) in charge of finding him:

The Unfolding Tragedy In Northumbria
    July 7, 2010 by inspectorgadget

There is a huge and unfolding tragedy in Northumbria. It is the tragedy of T/Chief Constable Sue Sim, her wild hair and the number of times she can say “community” in one sentence. Barely able to read a prepared statement, it has been, quite frankly embarrassing to watch the most senior police officer we have available.

sharki
    Free Member

Now then, i had rather a lot of police and others looking for me on the Quantocks and all they managed to achieve was a lost sniffer dog, i wasn't on the run, heavily armed or particulary dangerous, yet they never found me or had much of a clue where i was or were to head the search.

Once an appeal went out, i was described as 5ft 11 athletic build wih receeding hair and a moustache….i'm 5ft 8, skinny, bald and with either a beard or heavy stubble, with the two coppers i spoke to on the eve of the search should've confirmed….

I have little or no faith in how the police will unco-ordinate this.

All this method of searching will do, is flush him out and put someone elses life at risk.

Drac

She does look like she puts her makeup on with a catapult.

scaredypants

analogue andy – is that a winged tortoise on her head ?

perhaps it's the real brains behind the northumbrian police force, whispering ideas into her ear (quietly, which is why she can barely repeat it)

Drac

All this method of searching will do, is flush him out and put someone elses life at risk.

Opposed to what? Let him wander around and find someone to kill at free will.

There photos they've produced of him are very accurate I'd say and their description too, the Police didn't know what you looked like so they asked for a description. Clearly who ever gave it got it wrong.

But yes finding him is going to be very difficult of course it is.

Haze

How's he going to be enjoying all this attention…not likely to be sat in the pub watching it all on the telly is he?

carbon337
    Free Member

i wouldnt be so interested if I were down south but on my doorstep its just surreal.

I'd of liked a bit more info into the "threats against wider public" not for me but for family & friends etc. Is he about to scale up and do a "Birdie"?

Does anyone else not wish they were there clad in armour searching for him, id do the overtime for free.

Harry_the_Spider

Just had a thought… Taking the pi55 out of a heavily armed deranged steroid fuelled gunman who is still at large is probably not the best idea.

Raoul son (I speak Geordie manpet). I didn’t mean it. SFB made me do it.

That’s me off the hook.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Papers this morning thought he was keeping up with it on wireless internet or something. It wasn't clear why they thought that though. If the police are looking in anything remotely resembling the right place I suspect he's also probably noticed.

Drac

Yup biggest interest to me is it's local and have a lot of family in the area and some on remote-ish farms.

Back to work for me tomorrow could be interesting.

Drac

BIgD probably be due to his twitter page.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

What's held this up is the illness of the nations sweetheart . . .

I have it on good authority that sending in the all female pop sensations Girl Aloud, to belt out a hit or two was the first plan to flush him out into the open!

Jamie
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider:

Raoul son (I speak Geordie manpet). I didn’t mean it. SFB made me do it.

That’s me off the hook.

He's lying Raoul!

*pops Harry back on the hook*

sharki
    Free Member

an intense and agressive approach like this would keep him more hostile, making the area safe, ie, securing villages, would either make him calmer and either draw him out or make him give himself up or end it….

What do i know though, i'm just a jobless hobo, trying to hard to understand societies ways.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 613 total)

The topic ‘Raoul Moat/John Rambo’ is closed to new replies.