Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • RANTETTE: Nomad Carbon- can anyone else see the point?
  • dasnut
    Free Member

Oh, and if you won the lottery, I bet you would be straight down to your SC dealer for a carbon Blur or Nomad

not me (selling a mk1 nomad though) – personally, I never think "oh I wish my zesty frame was stiffer" (apart from when a bearing\bush needs replacing)
    does a stiffer frame make you ride harder\faster\better? If so, by how much?
    or does owning a circa £4K carbon frame make your willy waving more impressive?
    where red sports cars were previously seen as pen1s extensions for middle aged men, now its expensive mountain bikes.
    It does mean you can wear one of these though:

hora
    Free Member

thepodge – Member
    hora – however I don't like my car.
    1 million taxi drivers cant be wrong

😆 err 😳 … 😆

pedalhead
    Free Member

I never wished my Fivespot frame was stiffer, but it didn't stop me noticing the improvement on my LTc. Yes, I am definitely quicker, and more crucially having more fun and I'm not just trying to justify an expensive purchase. I wouldn't have bought it in the first place otherwise. Doesn't stop the Fivespot from being an awesome frame…I still love it…but I've learned that I enjoy a particularly stiff frame on a fs bike (not everybody does).

br
    Free Member

There is always a market for something lighter at the same strength, and for one I'm happy that the suppliers aim for it – otherwise its Trabants for all.

And my 06 S-Works Enduro would have been far better, with 2-3lbs lost from it.

As for the warranty, who cares – never claimed on one in my life, and not claimed on any kind off insurance for 25+ years. In fact the only time I've even thought of a warranty was in buying a wide-screen TV, and went to John Lewis – same price as the rest, but 5 year cover.

dasnut
    Free Member

As for the warranty, who cares

great sentiment, the bike manufacturers would love you.

Personally I think warranty is a good thing, as evidenced by the new front triangle on my 18 month old zesty, which developed a crack most probably due to a manufacturing error.

so you would rather not have the ability to get a brand new frame\part in this circumstance? 🙄

PJM1974
    Free Member

If I were spending that much on a frame, a watertight warranty would be foremost in my mind. I'd spend less and buy a bike with "Specialized", "Trek" or "Marin" on the downtube knowing that the warranty would be reassuring.

That said, it is a lovely looking bike, much nicer than the Nomads of old.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘RANTETTE: Nomad Carbon- can anyone else see the point?’ is closed to new replies.