Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rant: Why stop in the middle of the trail to fix your bike?
  • gothandy

Why is it people insist on stopping in the middle of the trail (well on a bridge in this case) to fix their bikes? If you've got a mechanical issue get off the trail so people can pass!

Rant over, feel better now.

Bregante

call that a rant?

sheesh, I wouldn't want to get on your bad side 😉

trailmonkey

I'm actually terrified by that rant. Kind of menacing because of what hasn't been said.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

That is annoying, but what winds me up much more is when the group of people in the middle of the trail or standing about blocking the entrance to the next section look up to see you coming, then look away again and can't be bothered to move over to let you past.

Why wouldn't you move over? Don't get it.

gothandy

Funny thing was he did look up, and then proceeded to try and fix his bike faster, rather than getting out the way.

iamhimsoiam
    Free Member

just shout no brakes.

remedyflyer
    Free Member

Yes this does do your head in.Have had this a few times in the last year down the Forest of Dean people stop chatting in front of bomb hole which you are ready to jump into.Then on a start of a downhill run a guy was sat on his bike eating looking at the views on top of the second jump crazy.Another one that gets me people stop for wee then leave their bike across the trail.Just no manners.

dans160
    Free Member

Had this happen a couple of times to me. Very, very annoying.

atlaz
    Free Member

Personally I find it ignorant if people are anywhere near trails I want to ride. Quite clearly they should have worked out that I'm going to be there and there's a chance they might get in my way or, if I'm looking at a view/fixing my bike/taking a piss, might require me to move my bike out of their way, thereby inconveniencing me further.

monkeychild
    Free Member

What about the impatient twunts who don't give any courtesy to those who have fell off!!! I had some knob whistle at me to move after I had took a spill off the shore at Llandegla. Not even an are you alright mate, bet he drove an Audi 😉

duir
    Free Member

Once came across a group of about 10 riders and their instructor at the start of a well known Scottish trail center red descent. They were all stood there blocking the trail while the instructor talked about the first feature. They all looked at us, including the instructor then went back to their discussion without moving. After, very politely saying "can we get through please?" they moved!

Day 1 Trail Center Instructor School First Lesson:

When stopped for the purpose of demonstration, discussion, technical problem or accident. Firstly ensure the group safety, with all people and equipment removed to the side of the trail. Then be careful not to block or hinder other trail users who may be riding at speed.

Everlong
    Free Member

I'm so glad someone is speaking up about this!

I've been at Glentres loads of times and come bombing (well, as fast as I 'bomb') out to the exit of a section of trail only to find some clever person has left their bike over the exit of the trail. It doesn't take much sense to see the riding line and get your shizzle out of dodge .. or are we asking too much of people and their concern for others?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rant: Why stop in the middle of the trail to fix your bike?’ is closed to new replies.