Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • [Rant] Arg F'ing cars and insurance companies and NOT Writting my car off!
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

[Rant}

ARG FFS fianlly got my f’ing insurace company to sort out the damage to my car after 7 mopnths on not sorting it out. Think ‘finally they’ll take one look at my ancient high mileage beat up volvo and write it off and I can afford to buy something cheap and efficent’ but no that would be too easy. Apparently my 10 year old 165,000 mile volvo that haemorrhages oil and water is worth 3500 and therefore worth doing nearly 2500 pounds worth of reapairs to. FFS I only paid 4k for it 5 years ago and I can buy one with 30k less on the clock for less than 1500.

Why is it the one time I actually wnat them to write the damn thing off they screw me.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    [/RANT]

konabunny
    Free Member

You can’t ask them to just give you that amount in cash, can you? Then you can bin the car, buy the new one you want and still have a grand left over. Obviously, it’s a grand less than you want but…

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Not got the choice just a phone call from the repairers to say they had the parts on order and it’ll be a few days.

No contact from the insurance company.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

Name and shame?

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

Just to wind you up. In about 1990, I had an ancient rusting (yes) Volvo and someone kindly banged into it. In true Volvo style, the only damage was a bent bumper and the clutch pedal broke off the floor.

Insurance comnpany scrapped the car, paid me the damage, and left it to me to deal with.

I epoxied the clutch pedal bracket back down, crowbared the bumper, and drove it about for the next three years before selling it.

I don’t think that would be allowed these days!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Just flog it once it’s fixed then if you don’t want it anymore.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Zurich insurance.

Absolute rubbish. Have screwed me from day one.

Had an accident on a roundabout. Guy didnt seem like he wanted to claim. I was pretty sure it was his fault. Checked he wasnt injured etc. Minor denting to NS of my car (two doors + wing mirror) barely a scratch to his and wind mirror off but not broken – screw back on job.

Notified insurance company being good boy, tell them accepting no liability and that as far as I was concerned it was his fault. Didnt make a claim.

Get notification of claim from other parties solicitor, apparently whiplash, 2 weeks off work and car written off. Well i know astras are shite but a scratch on the bumper and a wing mirror cant be the cost of the car.

SO I send the details off to insurance company, chase a few times to see whats happening and get fobbed off. I want to counter claim that it was his fault.

Turns out that the idiot in the Indian subcontinent somewhere put it down as me accepting liability when I first phoned up completely at odds to what I said.

Consequently had trouble with subsequent insurance company saying I had a fault claim I hadnt recorded – I told them about it and said it was likely to go 50/50 and hadn’t accepted liability.

My insurance has now doubled and im stuck with a car I dont want.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Just flog it once it’s fixed then if you don’t want it anymore.

That would be fine, apart from I’ll get at best £1000 for it, minus the 450 excess I have to pay (of which I may get £225 back if settled in my favour)

Which leaves me with a sum total of £550 to buy a car with.

After driving a 250BHP volvo estate with most the gadgets I could ever want I think the replacement would be somewhat of a let down.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘[Rant] Arg F'ing cars and insurance companies and NOT Writting my car off!’ is closed to new replies.