Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rant about Pedestrians!
  • FOG

There have been so many rants about drivers and non-cyclists we musn’t forget pedestrians. I was nearly taken out three times yesterday on a brief ride by pavement pounders. The 1st was on the pavement walking in the same direction as myself and decided to cross the road without looking. Fortunately I was able to avoid her by lurching to the right where luckily for me there was no traffic.She must have heard my strangled yelp because she turned round and said, yes you’ve guessed it, ‘Bloody cyclists’. No ‘thank you for avoiding me after my stupid inability to cross the road’. The other 2 were the type that look at you and still walk in front of you as if to say ‘out of my way scum’. Three in less than a mile must contitute a record especially as this was a quiet suburb not the centre of a metropolis

binners

0/10

Call that a rant? You can still edit it. Can you add some random caps, swearing, bad grammar and spelling errors please? I’m just not feeling it

bigyinn
    Free Member

Where’s the irrational pent up rage, where’s the anger, WHERE’S THE RAW EMOTION?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BoardinBob

I often wonder about the ones that see you but step out regardless. Is it because they think you should slam on the brakes for them, or do they just not comprehend the speed you’re doing and assume they’ll miss you?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I often wonder about the ones that see you but step out regardless. Is it because they think you should slam on the brakes for them, or do they just not comprehend the speed you’re doing and assume they’ll miss you?

I know what you mean. I’m happy to accept that pedestrians have right of way in the road, but that doesn’t make stepping out in front of you any less daft.

“Where’s the irrational pent up rage, where’s the anger”
    Yes, it was a bit of a pedestrian rant, wasn’t it.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ve had motorists do the same, “sorry I didn’t realise you were going that quick” when I was sat at the side of the road, having dragged my ruined bike out of the road, trying not to swear and cry.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

If you can’t stop in time [i]wait, this is getting a bit Teej … lets try …[/i] pull an endo, unbolt your bombers and set about them before wheely-ing away from the scene, you’re obviously not fit to ride a bike.

Mascy
    Free Member

“pull an endo, unbolt your bombers and set about them before wheely-ing away from the scene, you’re obviously not fit to ride a bike”

Love it!

binners

I carry a spare set of bombers in my courier bag. Just in case. And when they step out i can go at them, jousting style.

sam_underhill

I’ve had motorists do the same, “sorry I didn’t realise you were going that quick” when I was sat at the side of the road, having dragged my ruined bike out of the road, trying not to swear and cry.

I’ve had exactly that. Firstly the silly bint claimed not to have seen me, then changed her tune and claimed I was going “so fast”. I was turning right on a smallish roundabout, so if I was doing 15mph it would have been a miracle. Maybe I’m an idiot and that is too fast for a bike?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rant about Pedestrians!’ is closed to new replies.