Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • [RANT]
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Boy asked for one stupid little preset for Christmas, ordered if off Amazon from two places over two weeks ago. Still not showed up. Roads are clear and there is no excuse that washes for not even attempting to deliver stuff. Royal Mail and DHL get a [CENSORED TO AVOID A BANNING][\RANT]

Anyone know where I can get a Bob the Builder Wonky Wall game in Edinburgh?

Drac

The back log is huge and not all roads are clear. The a1 through the night has been hellish. It’s annoying I received an item I ordered nearly 2 weeks ago just yesterday. Still waiting for another I paid £8 for express delivery but least I’ll get the £8 back.

uplink
    Free Member

We’re still waiting for stuff from Amazon that was dispatched on the 10th

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am sure you would be the first to say if it was urgent why buy it online SO HWY did you 🙄

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Junkyard – see one of the advantages if buying it online – you can find stuff that you cant find locally in the shops. This was one of those times.

robdob
    Free Member

My small Amazon order took a while too, and so did two boxes I sent to relatives direct first class. I reckon you should get it about now really. Unless you bought it as a Marketplace item rather than direct from Amazon as in my experience it can take a lot longer, depending on seller

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Ordered some Books and a Mocha pot from Amazon at the same time. The Mocha pot was sent first, followed a few days later by the books. the books turned up a week and a half ago, the mocha pot is still MIA.

I’ll live, but it’s slightly annoying

derek_starship
    Free Member

The postman that delivers our work’s post told me that parcels that are in the “in bins” are not being processed and the more recent post gets dumped on top so there’s no chronological priority. I’m not saying this is the case all over but it certainly wouldn’t surprise me.

chriswilk
    Free Member

My item was collected from Amazon by Home Delivery Network on the 1st Dec. Still not delivered!!!

the-muffin-man

Just tell your child Santa had run out of them! I’m pretty sure they’ll have enough other toys to distract them.

FWIW all mine stuff from Amazon has arrived fine (Derbyshire).

hora
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for a V5 from Swansea whereas Scottishpower seem to send me wierd bills generated just two days previously.

McHamish
    Free Member

I ordered a load of stuff from Amazon last Thursday, it arrived yesterday.

My wife ordered a load of stuff last Monday and it still hasn’t arrived.

This difference being I paid for postage to ensure it arrived, and my wife chose the free option.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

The postman that delivers our work’s post told me that parcels that are in the “in bins” are not being processed and the more recent post gets dumped on top so there’s no chronological priority. I’m not saying this is the case all over but it certainly wouldn’t surprise me.

That sounds about right. We have had stuff posted a few days ago, but not seen a couple of things we know were posted almost 2 weeks ago. The local post office said they are delivering everything they have, so the blockage must be at the big central sorting depots

robbo1234biking

Based on this morning most of the roads around Amazon’s warehouse are now shut down so if your items havent left yet I dont think they will be here for christmas now

epicyclo

Meanwhile I’m getting stuff delivered reasonably promptly in the Highlands from such remote places as Dorset.

Maybe C-t-B-M gets it out the door promptly and doesn’t use the weather as an excuse.

convert

Have been very impressed this year by deliveries that have got through. 10 online orders and all are here – non ordered prior to 13th, even a non xmas related order on placed Sunday evening got here yesterday (Tuesday) morning. And that’s to a village that I had to get work’s little snow plough out to open back up to the outside world after Mondays little extra flurry.

2 amazon orders in that lot.

Mantastic
    Free Member

WARNING SMUG CONTENT:

Given my wife had a wish list on Amazon and we knew what we would get the little one and we were prewarned about possible pre Christmas snow, i did all my xmas shopping on payday in November. All stuff has arrived and 90% of it all wrapped.

My only issue is will I get to Bradworthy (near bude) on Xmas eve for the festive period. If not looks like its whatever is in the freezer as I will be dammed if am going to line up in the shops with all the mentalists who are buying up everything “Just in case”

TooTall
    Free Member

there is no excuse that washes for not even attempting to deliver stuff

Plenty valid reasons – but I guess daddy will want to blame someone because his son won’t get the present he wants – rather than accepting he could have ordered it earlier or bought from a shop.

emma82
    Free Member

Ring them – my stuff went missing/was delayed, I got one part of the order but not the other. I rang and told them and they redistributed it next day delivery from a warehouse they know is able to get deliveries out (I was told they deliver from random places all around the country and some places are obviously having more problems than others so it depends where it is coming from) and I now have it. I think today is the last day Amazon will do it.

Xylene
    Free Member

My only issue is will I get to Bradworthy (near bude) on Xmas eve for the festive period. If not looks like its whatever is in the freezer as I will be dammed if am going to line up in the shops with all the mentalists who are buying up everything “Just in case”

What mentalists?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

still waiting on something ordered over two weeks ago, . . .

last night I popped down Argos and got basically the same thing for half the price . . .

chalkstorm
    Free Member

I am working through a backlog of stock in Scotland – trying to get it all delivered before end of day 24th. Some of it dates back to 8th December! I am delivering stuff planned for today – plus bit at a time eating away at the backlog.

It isn’t an easy task…. even if your roads are clear…..

🙁

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Everything we ordered arrived in time… except one little parcel which has been sat in a central depot, not moving since 9/12/2010 – when an Identical parcel from the same place arrived over a week ago.

So much for DHL and “Business Resillience” 👿

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘[RANT]’ is closed to new replies.