Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • "Ranmoregate", a tale of everyday mountain bike folk
  • jambalaya
    Free Member
    Pauly

I like a happy ending.

wwaswas

So is the dh race back on then?

vinnyeh

couple of questions:
    if the purpose of Grievous Angel was so innocuous, then why is the entrance not signposted (and why is that bit of track subject to the Surrey Hills omerta), and why is it a fairly technical wee trail- surely the folk lacking the skill and nous to travel at a sensible speed on a bit of double track aren’t going to parachute down Grievous Angel?
    secondly, how does Hot Burrito fit into that world view, and did it get taken down as well? Or or the other stuff built on Ranmore?

I can only guess Simon’s wee posting is slightly tongue in cheek. 😆

freeridenick
    Free Member

Techincal – really?

90% of GA is still there. it would take 1 hour to get going again – but best left for the moment.

A tramp was living just below the badger set a few months ago – he got the shock of his life when my dog went in his tent 😛

Hot Burrito no more..

dorkingtrailpixie
    Free Member

if the purpose of Grievous Angel was so innocuous, then why is the entrance not signposted (and why is that bit of track subject to the Surrey Hills omerta)
    Last time I looked, I don’t think BKB had a signpost. The trail wasn’t subject to the Surrey Hills omerta – just looking through this forum shows that many local riders knew of its existence

surely the folk lacking the skill and nous to travel at a sensible speed on a bit of double track aren’t going to parachute down Grievous Angel?
    That’s the point, nobody was parachuting down Grievous Angel. It kept speeds right down and kept some riders off the double track.

secondly, how does Hot Burrito fit into that world view, and did it get taken down as well? Or or the other stuff built on Ranmore?
    Hot Burrito came down also as it was in the same area. Other stuff on Ranmore falls under the ownership of other organisations and individuals. To the best of my knowledge, only the above trails were on NT land.

cynic-al
    Free Member

NT at fault there IMO!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘"Ranmoregate", a tale of everyday mountain bike folk’ is closed to new replies.