• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jhw.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ranmore Common trail question…
  • vinnyeh

Where is ‘grievous angel’? Is this a now defunct run? Is there much/any stuff on the west side of the road?

I spent yesterday morning riding there on the east side of the road, and have sort of figured out what’s what around the pillbox and bombholes.
    Never saw a single mtb all morning- I only had the groans of roadies climbing up for company, so couldn’t ask any locals.

heihei

Last time I looked at GA, it didn’t appear to have seen much traffic, which is a shame as it’s a cracking trail, and def of the more freeride-y trails around.
    I’m not a big fan of giving away trail locations on the internet, but it’s accessed of the road between the church and Dorking.

jhw
    Free Member

Sadly defunct. I spent a while this Autumn thrashing through the undergrowth trying to locate it, found it, and it was overgrown, but could be sorted out in a day.

Is anyone interested in recommissioning it?

aP
    Free Member

You might be surprised quite how many road bikers ride off road there as well.

freeridenick
    Free Member

its not defunct
    just gets covered in leaves in the autumn/winter…
    and the NT ranger tried to block it off in october but that soon got cleared!

doris
    Free Member

its still there, just nicely hidden away so gets less traffic

vinnyeh

thanks. ish. Even aP.

Is anybody willing to give me a wee bit more help than heihei? 😆

jhw
    Free Member

Oh. Good. There were some really nice features on it, look forward to riding it in summer. Except I’m relocating, so maybe not!

freeridenick
    Free Member

jhw – any where good?

jhw
    Free Member

Brussels for 6 mths. I will be making extensive use of the overnight trains to Bourg St Maurice and Geneva this July and August!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ranmore Common trail question…’ is closed to new replies.