Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rangers path.
  • robob
    Free Member

Riding up Llanberis and descending Rangers next month. Generally if heading back to Llanberis do you miss the last zig zags of the Rangers and turn right towards Llanberis rather then ending up at the resevoir?

Onzadog
    Free Member

or park at the bottom of rangers, ride part way up, turn left onto telegraph valley, right up Llanberis, down rangers back to the car.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Or carry/push up Rangers 🙂

Not to everyone’s taste but I prefer it to pushing up Llanberis* as it’s not painfully steep (but does take longer/is a bit awkward/knackering) and gives you a good opportunity to scope out what you’ll be doing on the way down.

*You may actually be riding up! I couldn’t :mrgreen:

james
    Free Member

“as it’s not painfully steep”
    Most of the Llanveris path is less steep IIRC? And hence around half the distance (not vertical gain) is ridable for most IMO/IME/IIRC, crucially IIRC most of it is more stable under foot than the rangers for pushing/carrying
    I could be remembering wrong of course

I’d definetly include going up Llanberis and down the rangers just before the zig zags for the sake of including the very fast and long jumps of telegraph valley, you can add on the rangers zigzags up/down as mentioned above if you so wish (if you park at the ranger station)

RobHilton
    Free Member

Up Llanberis really hurt my calves, espesh the insanely steep bit after the 2nd little tunnel.

I *could* ride up a decent chunk of Llanberis in reality but the bike I’d be doing it on isn’t the monster I’d want to be descending on :mrgreen:

lowey

Di like Onza says. Park at Ranger Station then take in the full Ranger descent without having to keep an eye out for the turn off. Plus, the zigzags I’m told are great fun.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rangers path.’ is closed to new replies.