Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 197 total)
  • Rangers Football Club going into administration
  • ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Got awarded for not wrecking the city behaving themselves!

Reinforcing and rewarding good behaviour is quite a common approach – I’m pretty sure you’ll find your mummy used it on you.

wallace1492
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member

unsurprisingly, someone comments without knowing what the f they are talking about. Quite funny this thread.

Not sure what you mean there. My point is that if Celtic was in Manchester in the same circumstances, similar things *may* have happened. My suspicion is probably not, as I have always found them far friendlier and less embittered.

jota180
    Free Member

Reinforcing and rewarding good behaviour is quite a common approach – I’m pretty sure you’ll find your mummy used it on you.

Can’t really remember TBH

But, is it a weekly thing giving awards to fans for behaving then?
    just seems odd to me
    I can understand you may do that with kids but isn’t that to mould behaviour for when they’re adults?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member

unsurprisingly, someone comments without knowing what the f they are talking about. Quite funny this thread.
    Never a truer word was spoken – your pish is pure comedy gold. can you keep this up?

wallace1492
    Free Member

I can understand you may do that with kids but isn’t that to mould behaviour for when they’re adults?

Some fans of the Old Firm never grow up…. they may then have to face real life! 🙂

wallace1492
    Free Member

Rangers now in Adminstration

jota180
    Free Member

Do they have to stop playing now?

binners

According to five live, a lot of other big football clubs were also using these dodgy offshore trusts to pay players while avoiding tax.

Rangers and Portsmouth won’t be the last of it. There must be some pretty nervous looking finance directors in the Premiership at the moment

jota180
    Free Member

According to five live, a lot of other big football clubs were also using these dodgy offshore trusts to pay players while avoiding tax.

D’you know, that rings a bell
    Fairly sure a sparkie mate of mine was saying something about avoiding tax by some offshore ruse – wasn’t really paying attention though

Wonder if it’s the same sort of thing?

duckman

Man U, Arsenal,Chelsea and Liverpool in England were all using these. However I believe Rangers didn’t cover the tracks as well as they were meant to, making it easy for HMRC to prove that they were regular payments to salary.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

fd3chris – Member

From my close colleague sitting next to me who is a Celtic season ticket holder, if both Celtic and rangers bigoted fans do not realise that both clubs need each other to move forward out of the dark ages then Scottish football will be dead and buried.

Neither Celtic nor Scottish football “needs” Rangers.

Rangers, under David Murray’s regime of systematic financial doping, ruined Scottish football, and, in an orgy of spending money it never earned, created an arms race which brought most of the SPL to the brink of the financial abyss upon which it now teeters.

Prior to that there was a competitive league. In the 80s Aberdeen and Dundee United both reaching European finals. Aberdeen, Dundee United, Celtic and Hearts (but for a last-10-mins of the season collapse) all could have or did win the league. Scotland routinely qualified for the finals of major tournaments. Rangers, for most of this decade, were also-rans. Under Murray they bought success, and sucked in gullible glory-hunters from the length and breadth of Scotland who might otherwise have fallen in behind their local team.

FC Rangers 2012 having to come up through the leagues again would be good for the lower divisions. It would spread the wealth somewhat. They’d no doubt be back in the SPL in three seasons.

There would be no Celtic domination ad infinitum. Celtic’s board are not daft. They don’t spend money they don’t need to, despite frequent criticism from their fans for adopting this approach. You could argue that Rangers’ last big transfer splurge, which the Celtic board chose not to match, secured them their last three titles. If Rangers exit the SPL, and Celtic need to downsize because less money needs to be spent to compete, they probably will, no matter how much the fans bump their gums about it.

Bigger clubs than Rangers, like Juventus, or arguably, Leeds, have been done bang to rights and made to take their medicine, after cheating of one sort or another. Financial doping, dodging taxes that competitors pay, is cheating.

The money the SPL gets from Sky is derisory. A pittance. It could be made up from attendance figures in a more competitive league, which you would certainly have if a newco Rangers are served up their just desserts and have to start again at the bottom of the pyramid.

Read the fan forums of any Scottish club over the past 24 hours, and you’ll see that it’s not just nasty, bigoted Celtic fans who are limbering up to stamp the dirt down on Rangers 1873-2012 (RIP). They’ve been a suppurating boil on the arse of Scottish football for decades, for innumerable reasons, and it’s time it was lanced.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Congratulations to Celtic on winning the SPL.

fd3chris
    Free Member

He’s smiling and says he can see your point stefmcdef 🙂

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

good posdt, but I’d query this

They’d no doubt be back in the SPL in three seasons.

As you pount out, they sucked in glory hunters – how many of them will pay for a season ticket to watch Forfar and Stranraer. I can’t see Sky being big on these games either. When Dundee went into administration, their better players were siphoned off for sweetie money (Nacho Novo anyone?). If this happens to the huns, then where will the players come from to rush them straight back up the leagues? Certainly, they’ll get to Div1, but then I think they’ll struggle. Also, how interested will Sky/Disney be in a one team league? They pull or reduce their funding, that’ll hurt Celtic more than anyone else. A more competitive league with less TV might (just) increase gates, and for most clubs, an average gate increase of 1500/game might compensate for the loss of telly money.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Thread needs closed now.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

They sucked in glory hunters, as no doubt do Celtic, when there’s any glory to be had, but the 15,000 connoiseurs who booed them off the pitch following their recent not-on-the-season-book cup exit to Dundee United, is probably a realistic ballpark figure of their core support. Still an order of magnitude bigger than anything else in Scottish football. They’d still attract and retain better players than their competitors in a lower-division scenario.

The real glory hunters will just sit in the house watching Sky and cheering on Man City and Real Madrid; some of them, the ones who are nominally Rangers fans but who follow the smaller provincial teams to big days out such as cup semis and finals, might become more regular attendees.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

true, and that will see them through the 3rd and 2nd. But of those 15000, how many will there be after 2 years of playing part time teams? Dundee still carry a big support for D1 but struggle. I reckon by the time they’re back in the SPL, they’ll be about the size of Aberdeen, (12000 average attendances when they’re doing reasonably well), maybe a bit less.

Edric64
    Free Member

Why are we discussing football in a foriegn country followed by idiots who believe in a sky god.It`s not like the football or the country is anygood to anyone let them all **** off and join the euro

wallace1492
    Free Member

Why are we discussing football in a foriegn country fololwed by idiots who believe in a sky god.It`s not like the football or the country is anygood to anyone let them all **** off and join the euro

Love it…. Listening to Old Firm fans you would think it was a foreign country……. Some have a rather shakey grasp on history and English.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

because, and I appreciate that your might have difficulty in handling the concept, some of us actually live in that “foreign country”. And given that’s what the thread is about, it might be appreciated if you were to **** off and take your arrogance and stupidity with you

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Edric 64 – Member

Why are we discussing football in a foriegn country fololwed by idiots 😆 who believe in a sky god.It`s not like the football or the country is anygood to anyone let them all **** off and join the euro

We’re discussing it. You’re trolling.

There is a “do not click on thread title” option for subjects you do not wish to discuss.

Edric64
    Free Member

Just winding folk up as it seems to be a feature of this thread

Edric64
    Free Member

I just dont get the bigotry not being Scottish or Catholic Irish .I suppose they could return to Ireland if living here is so bad

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I just dont get the bigotry not being Scottish or Catholic Irish .I suppose they could return to Ireland if living here is so bad

..and you could go someplace else, but you won’t will you? Why do stupid people breed? I mean don’t we have enough of them, **** me, we built a wall to try and keep them out and now they sneak in through that internetworky thing

binners

Oi! They’re not independent yet. So we get to talk about them still. It’ll be worse when we’re neighbours though.

Like two families with ASBO’s, on a dodgy council estate. Just picture the piss-soden mattress casually disgarded on the overgrown lawn. The cans of stella strewn about the place. The car up on bricks…….

I’m feeling quite misty-eyed

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Edric 64 – Member

Where do atheist fans of Scottish football like me fit into your equation?

Anyone else living “here” you’d like to send back while you’re at it, Mr Garnett?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

The car up on bricks…..

with how many headlights? 1? or 6? lovely caravan by the way, does it go any where?

The cans of stella strewn about the place

Tennant’s Super dear boy, the old purple tin every time. sheer poetry

I lived with my mamma
    ’til I was sixteen
    old time religion
    the sweetest of dreams
    and now that I’m agin’
    and concience is dead
    in my left hand the Bible
    in my right hand an old purple tin

I went to the doctor
    ’cause I was unwell
    he said, “my boy,
    you all shot to hell
    I go’n write you a prescription
    for some pure heroin”
    but I traded that sucker
    for a six pack of that old purple tin

the old purple tin
    the old purple tin
    sweet testament Lord
    to the state that im in
    I drunk it all day
    I drunk it all night
    the old purple tin
    oh Lord, lights up my life

I am in prision
    the light never shines
    I can’t see my bible
    so dark is the night
    I’m waiting for letters
    that never get sent
    all my brothers and sisters
    on the corner with that old purple tin

the old purple tin
    the old purple tin
    sing it now
    sweet testament Lord
    sweet nine percent, Lord
    to the state that I’m in
    I have drunk it all day
    I have drunk it all night
    the old purple tin
    oh Lord, lights up my life
    lights up my life
    lights up my life
    lights up my life

thank you alabama3

Edric64
    Free Member

I dont know if there is anyone else living in Scotland I would like to send anywhere else 😆

Edric64
    Free Member

And the Irn Bru /battered Mars Bar diet

binners

Ah yes. The purple can isn’t a patch on …..

Now THAT is class

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

really, what is that? your excuse?

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Edric 64 – Member

Och, jings! That’s a stoatir! 🙄

You do know it isn’t compulsory to state your IQ alongside your username, don’t you?

Edric64
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

😆

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Edric 64 – Member

You lot really bite out in the colonies dont you?

It’s the likes of you that put the “colon” in colonialism.

Edric64
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

my, how sharp, witty and amusing you are trying so hard to be.
    EDIT – oohh did that last post just disappear up your own ar%e?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

They’ve been a suppurating boil on the arse of Scottish football for decades, for innumerable reasons, and it’s time it was lanced.

Picturesque 🙂

epicyclo

Get rid of the lot I say.

Turn the fitba fields into velodromes…

seosamh77
    Free Member

We’ve got that covered over Celtic park way. Actually as a piece of useless information Celtic park was a regular cycling venue in its formative years. Some pics if you are interested. http://celticgraves.com/topic/8205065/3/

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 197 total)

The topic ‘Rangers Football Club going into administration’ is closed to new replies.