• This topic has 123 replies, 68 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by LHS.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • Range Rover Sport HSE
  • Marmoset
    Free Member

Loving my Disco 3 but not sure I’d go for an RRS as it’s pretty small inside.

As above, they ain’t sports cars butI don’t get the whole X5/Cayenne/Sport thing in that if you want a sports car, buy a sports car – physics is a very hard thing to defy and a tall heavy car is always going to feel wallowy compared to a normal saloon. Having said the D3 does go better than the D2 around the twisty stuff and is an amazing car for a long journey.

orangeboy
    Free Member

A friend lives in Denver and 4×4 BMW are very common and not that new
    Just new to us in rhd.

I’m a big landrover fan but not sure I want another modern one

Got to love these threads when they come up – certainly drags the morons out.

I know 6 people off the top of my head that drive a RRS – none of which are dealers, pimps, gangsters, or any of the other generalisations thrown their way.

Late 50’s friend/Farmer/local businessman
    60 something car dealer/repair garage owner
    40 something mate with tyre/repair centre and self-storage business
    40 something mate with his own building company
    40 something mate who works in a steel forging factory and has a generally understated lifestyle
    30/40 something lad who seems fairly unassuming and lives on our road

The only really noticeable thing about any of them, is the fact that at least 4 of them are probably a damn sight more successful than most of the stone chuckers on here. I don’t think any of them are d***heads either.

Whether or not they actually think they are worth the money, I’m not sure, as I haven’t asked them.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Ive got one.

Its alright, I like it. Yeah fuel economy isn’t great – 29.9mpg, it aint that fast, its got a massive boot – 2 bikes & gear with the seats up, bills aren’t cheap but then its RR what do you expect? As for wallowing & not stopping? Hardly, brilliant brakes & its 2.5t lump of metal, what do you expect it to do? And lets be honest its not that bad!

Ive done numerous continental trips on it & its been fine. I have had to to have the camshaft replaced which killed the engine but that was done under warranty.

I for one would personally ignore all those banging on about how ugly it is or its chav etc – seriously I couldn’t give a toss what you think of my choice of car…edit: as the saying goes “tell someone who gives a f…”

I probably don’t like their choice of wheel size or bike – doesn’t make them tools..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I have had to to have the camshaft replaced which killed the engine but that was done under warranty.

Doesn’t inspire confidence

br
    Free Member

seriously I couldn’t give a toss what you think of my choice of car..

This.

LHS
    Free Member

I’ll try and keep it factual for you based on my experience rather than the perceived view on here.

Over the years we have had a RR Sport, Discovery and we currently have a Range Rover Vogue.

Range Rover Sport – didn’t have a single reliability issue with it, had it for just over 12 months and to be honest didn’t really like it. Relatively quite small on the inside, got tired of stopping at filling stations and wasn’t a big fan of the look of it.

Discovery – loved it, loved everything about it, apart from the reliability which was shocking. We had issues from day one so got rid.

Range Rover – still the best car have owned, great all round and no issues.

If you’d like one, buy one.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Have you looked at the Lexus Hybrid LX300? My Sis has had 2 so far, the first gen which was nice enough, but this new one, well it’s really bloody nice. It’ll happily blend in to the background so no one will worry about your morals, it’s great on fuel she’s getting 40mpg at the mo and it’s reliable and quiet and fast enough and stops and is screwed together and looks really nice..
    She’s currently towing a caravan around southern Spain in it and has been for the last 8months, she says it’ll cope with almost anything.

So, take a look at least..

Lexus LX300 Hybrid.

footflaps

The only really noticeable thing about any of them, is the fact that at least 4 of them are probably a damn sight more successful than most of the stone chuckers on here.

You don’t have to be very successful to own one, esp 2nd hand.

johndoh
    Free Member

lcj – Member
    johndoh – Member
    Indicators were not fitted as standard to these vehicles, and most purchasers chose not to have them.

No, really, you crack me up.

BMW owner?
    No – Audi A6 Quattro V6 tdi 😈

hora
    Free Member

smiththemainman
    Free Member
    ps44
    Free Member

emac65
    Free Member

…& yet despite all the problems that your friends friend uncles next door neighbour has had with his Land Rover.The brand continues to sell more & more each year,Amazing !

maxtorque

footflaps
    The only really noticeable thing about any of them, is the fact that at least 4 of them are probably a damn sight more successful than most of the stone chuckers on here.
    You don’t have to be very successful to own one, esp 2nd hand.

And on Finance………….

footflaps

As a complete aside, the richest person I know (worth approx £130m) drives a rather old BMW Z8.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Buuuuut, I know someone whose very wealthy indeed and he drives an RRS.. (as I mentioned earlier in the thread, on his 3rd) He has noooo taste whatsoever and really, I mean reeeealllllly, DGAS what I nor anyone else thinks of him.

Something to admire about him that. 😀

johndoh
    Free Member

And I know someone who is poor and doesn’t drive a RRS.

Go figure!

nealglover
    Free Member

As a complete aside, the richest person I know (worth approx £130m) drives a rather old BMW Z8.

All Z8’s are “rather old”

At least 10 years old anyway.

But still worth £100k + if they are in half decent condition.

Point ?

hora
    Free Member

I know someone very very wealthy who drives round in two nasty looking Citroens and hangs around a mountain bike forum pretending he can ride a bike.

😆

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I had two, both TDV8s – brilliant things really. Fast, comfortable and handled well for such big vehicles. With mud tires very good offroad too if that’s your cup of tea.

Not the most reliable so would be very wary of running one out of warranty, I had air suspension failures on both plus overheating issues on one. LR service was OKish I suppose but something to think about.

The biggest issue is almost everyone thinks you’re a t**t and treats you accordingly; if you think people are aggressive towards German penis extensions you should try driving one of these things. The hatred is palpable.

xiphon
    Free Member

All Z8’s are “rather old”

At least 10 years old anyway.

But still worth £100k + if they are in half decent condition.

Point ?

£114,995

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/z8

z1ppy

I think the point is rich ppl are/stay rich because they don’t spend their money pointlessly.

Anyways, that Merc G-wagon makes a Landrover defender look sexy, so no idea why it’s been posted.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I have had to to have the camshaft replaced which killed the engine but that was done under warranty.

So, one catastrophic engine failure aside, it’s been fine? Worth knowing when spending/financing £30-40k. 😉

mrlebowski
    Free Member

So, one catastrophic engine failure aside, it’s been fine? Worth knowing when spending/financing £30-40k.

Fixed under warranty so where’s the issue?….& hey nothing’s unbreakable..

bearnecessities

More importantly than 4×4 hate, why the fudge are Z8s worth that much???

How about one of these? 😉

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Fixed under warranty so where’s the issue?

😆

The fact your £100k (new) car has broken in a major way, probably while you’re trying to get somewhere?

To your credit, you sound very relaxed about it. 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

I think the point is rich ppl are/stay rich because they don’t spend their money pointlessly.

What.

£115,000 on a 13 year old BMW ?

(That’s 115 Thousand Pounds!)

Yeah, that’s proper thrifty that is.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

To your credit, you sound very relaxed about it.

Why wouldn’t I be?

It cost me nothing to repair after all.

If I’d had to pay for I might have been a bit peeved I’ll grant you that..

Ps £100k? Where did you get that figure from??

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Why wouldn’t I be?

I’m assuming you were travelling somewhere when it broke down. That’d certainly annoy me.

Ps £100k? Where did you get that figure from??

Fairdoos – £81k. I rounded up. http://www.wickedlocal.com/burlington/newsnow/x825433949/Silvio-Calabi-Is-the-2014-Range-Rover-Sport-the-world-s-best-SUV

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member
    More importantly than 4×4 hate, why the fudge are Z8s worth that much???

Rarity, mainly.

However, not as rare as the two that I’d most like to have…

A ’63 Bentley S2 Mulliner DHC, of which there are only 15. An ex-neighbour had one and it was, as you may expect, glorious.

Or, a V8 Vantage Le Mans, of which there are only 40 originals.

benji
    Free Member

why the fudge are Z8s worth that much???

Because it’s not a common car, supply and demand.

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=?&q=bmw+z8

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=?&q=ferrari+360

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I’m assuming you were travelling somewhere when it broke down. That’d certainly annoy me.

I’m obviously a lot more chilled-out than you..

Fairdoos – £81k. I rounded up.

Ha ha you could say!!! You’d still be wrong too – mine cost £55k, which I’ll grant you is still a fair lump of cash!

bikebouy
    Free Member

You could buy a decent new E320D estate for that 😉

bencooper
    Free Member

£55,000?! It’s a car – a tin box for moving people and bikes, how on earth can it cost that much?

You know those threads where people complain about LBS servicing costs or the cost of bike parts? That.

zokes
    Free Member

It’s a car

It’s his car – why does it matter to you?

bencooper
    Free Member

It doesn’t matter to me – I’m bemused not angry or resentful 😉

LHS
    Free Member

Why do people spend £8k on a bike rather than £500? Because they choose too.

Why do people spend £5000 for a business class flight where an economy will cost them £800. Because they choose too.

footflaps

Why do people spend £5000 for a business class flight where an economy will cost them £800. Because they choose too.

In 99% of cases because their company pays for it. It’s called ‘business class’ for a reason.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Range Rover Sport HSE’ is closed to new replies.